Can Sports Betting be considered an investment?

Jonaville

Many people have ventured into Sports Betting as a way of making more money. They believe that it is an investment that will multiply whatever amount they put in, but as that been the case? I am investment is something you put money into hoping to get good Returns. While sports betting may qualify as an investment, it is not advisable to venture into it.
What many people don't know is that Sports betting he is basically a game of luck, you either lose or win,there is no other way about it. in other words, it is gambling. Unfortunately, many people have lost a lot of money in it, and they are so addicted to it that they're not even planning to stop.
My advice is do not consider sport betting as a way to get rich, if you must do it at all, invest money that you can afford to lose. And don't place too much hope on winning.

D

Deleted member 27180

Well, personally sport betting is not smart a way to invest. Although there is no formula and your chances to be earning on sport betting in the long term is very low. It can also be a good way to lost money as you might never make money out of it.. U might be winning at some initial stage,so definitely you would want to invest more and that's when you realize that its not as easy as it was from the onset as you would start losing money to betting. And maybe as a result of positive mindset and hope for better days, u would fail to see the handwriting on the wall and continue investigating more money in it. And also continue to count loses, and maybe by this stage, you wouldn't know how to stop cuse u already an addict chasing a mirage.

Profuk57

It depends on how you operate. To me sport betting can be liken to forex if you get a right information about a match, like Head to Head, statistics, last five match results for both team, weather, injury, background on the officiating referee, good self control tactics etc. Then one can really profit from sport betting. But if you don't have a well laid plan to control your urge for greed especially when you are on a winning streak then it is advisable to avoid sport betting by all means

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Sports betting is a form investment that involves very high risks. When you bet, you are not really sure of the outcome. It is not even a game of whether it is scam or legit, it is just outright a win or loose game that is so risky to play. I would not advise anyone to consider this to be an investment to get into. It is bettet to put your hard earned money in something that is more stable and less risky.

Kennysplash

Verified member
Many people have ventured into Sports Betting as a way of making more money. They believe that it is an investment that will multiply whatever amount they put in, but as that been the case? I am investment is something you put money into hoping to get good Returns. While sports betting may qualify as an investment, it is not advisable to venture into it.
What many people don't know is that Sports betting he is basically a game of luck, you either lose or win,there is no other way about it. in other words, it is gambling. Unfortunately, many people have lost a lot of money in it, and they are so addicted to it that they're not even planning to stop.
My advice is do not consider sport betting as a way to get rich, if you must do it at all, invest money that you can afford to lose. And don't place too much hope on winning.
Sports betting should in no way be considered an investment. Sports betting is a delusion, you see adverts of many people winning millions and you think you can also win and become millionaire until your life is wrecked financially. I once said it that those that bet are in two categories, there are the top 5% these are the ones that win with luck and bottom 95% that lose all their hard-earned money. You keep on playing with the hope of winning but the chances are one in a million. You keep on enriching the bookmakers. Find something worthwhile to do with your money and leave the facade of betting.

Divinechidera

I won't even advise my enemy to go into sports betting,a lot of people who have lost their sources of income from this sport betting,this is so because football is kind of like a game of chance, sometimes what we expect is not what will be the outcome.take for example when Bayern Munich trashed Barcelona 8-2 in UEFA champions league. No I would have expected that that would have happened and I'm very sure that it made a lot of gamblers lose their money.
In all, I don't consider it as an investment.instead, I consider it as an avenue to enrich betting companies so in all do not venture into it

Olajidey

Sports betting is the same thing as gambling and you can never consider it as an investment. In gambling you will sometimes if you are lucky and sometimes you lose. gambling is a game of luck. I have some people that gambling has turned their life o something worst that word can not do justice to. I frown against gambling no matter how much millions they claim someone makes from it. The person that wins from gambling is the same gambling that he will spend it all on.

Donkiz

Sports betting is not an investment and will never be an investment. The only name that perfectly describes what sports betting is, and captures it's effect in the life's of people that indulge in it, is gambling.

Some people have become so addicted to sports betting to the extent that they're usually uncomfortable any day that they didn't bet. There are some of these bettors that are ready to forfeit eating, so that they will have money to bet. The funny part is that out of all those people inconveniencing themselves to bet, it's only a handful of people that actually wins something reasonable.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
It won't be really business wise to compare betting with investment. When you invest, you are always sure if not totally sure that you will see your returns in multiple folds. But when you play bet, you may lose everything because the chances of winning doesn't depend on you. It depends on your luck and whether you are good at analyzing and forecasting games. However, I may support saving money though betting for investment if truly you know how to play the game to your own advantage.

Jonaville

It won't be really business wise to compare betting with investment. When you invest, you are always sure if not totally sure that you will see your returns in multiple folds. But when you play bet, you may lose everything because the chances of winning doesn't depend on you. It depends on your luck and whether you are good at analyzing and forecasting games. However, I may support saving money though betting for investment if truly you know how to play the game to your own advantage.
Permit me to say but there is nothing like knowing how to play or how to bet when it comes to gambling. Like you said gambling is basically betting on uncertainties which means that there is a 50-50 chance of winning and losing. But in most cases people lose more than they win. You see, the bookmakers are not stupid, they know how to tilt the game in their favour so in the end what the Gambler does is enriching the pocket of the bookmakers at the expense of his own hard earned money. so I will never advise anybody to take up gambling as a serious form of investment or income I might end up getting frustrated depressed and disappointed.

Maks25

i have never seen a man who gambles and is sucessful in life,Gamblers are never sucessful instead the money that they are meant to use to invest into their business.they will use it and go and play bet9ja and loose and come and start wailing. They are always indebted
when they have exhausted the money within their position as a result of loosing massively,they go into borrowing and most times they use their personal belongings as collateral,i have seen where a man staked his wifes pot of soup to gamble and he lost it at the spot.

Sammyesx

Sport betting is purely a gamble, it is one of the worst one can think of to make profit. It gives fault hope, you are likely to lose all the money you stake, even if you happen to win, you will use all the money to rebet and at the end youh lose everything. These days football has become so unpredictable due to the large amount of mobey pumped into it, smaller club now has the funds to buy quality players, thereby making it more difficult to predict.

D

Deleted member 27583

To people being addicted to it believe it is an investment platform for them ,that as time goes on they are going to win it big in there,although t is not easy to stop thinking about that way once you are addicted ,because they don't want to believe that they've lost the money they bet on it...
So it only takes a God grace or Gos intervention to make them believe it is gamble they are gambling ,For anyone that is reading this now and he or she do gamble as well,I hope this will be an eye opener for them... The earlier the best the best for you as well...So I strongly advice you to stop any kind of gambling in your life ...

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
Though considered as an investment by many people , personally I cannot say that sport betting is an investment because when it come to betting on sports , you have a high potential to lose and the low potential to win and in most prominent and unusual cases you will always lose because it is very hard to predict which team in a sport that will win and which thing in a sport that will lose . Rather than investing your hard-earned money on spot it is way more advisable to invest it on other risk-free and productive investment .

But despite the risks that sport betting has , why do large majority of people still indulge it today , well to be more elaborate , majority of individuals who are fully aware that sport betting is very risky or highly risky but yet still indulge in it are merely addicts to sport betting . This is absolutely true sport betting is very addictive and majority of business owners today have absolutely gone bankrupt because of being forced and moved to invest their business funds in various online and offline betting platforms thinking that one day they will make it big . But in most cases they are absolutely wrong .

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
Sport betting is an investment and it is not an investment. It depends on the angle you want to look at it. If you are looking at it from the angle of an agent, then it is a business. If you are looking at it from the angle of stakers, it is definitely not an investment. An investment is a business that you put your money with the aim of making profits. Whenever your money is at stake I an investment, you will definitely expect an amount of money in return. It is very clear that investment is a money making venture where you put your money and obviously expecting something in return. It is also very clear that most of the online or offline investment comes with lots of risk, so also is the sport betting business. I am talking from experience because I was once a big time bet9ja agent with 6 betting shop in different locations. The business is no doubt a very lucrative business but the setbacks is that you should be able to manage it properly. At that time , I failed , all the my outlet closed an I lost millions of naira. I was working in a company then, so I just keep expanding the betting business without having enough time to manage it. The person that I entrust the business with, failed me.

arunima25

Verified member
Sports betting can not be considered as an investment. It's more of a gamble. There is a lot of risks involved like any other investments, but still it depends more on the chances and luck than your strategy. Many countries don't give sports betting a legal status and there you are involving in an illegal activity if you are into sports betting. It's legalised in many countries and there most people do it more for fun and gambling than making it a serious business for earning profits. However, there are some big players in the field who earn a lot through this. Many a times it even turns into addiction like any gambling addiction and people end up loosing a fortune over long period of time.
Many people do a thorough research and study before betting. They have a deeper knowledge of the game. And they draw a lot of data and statistical facts from the past to make a bet. Here, we can a draw a comparison with the investment. Investors do research and do multiple analysis before investing. Both these are to reduce the risk factors. Sports is more unpredictable than other business where one would have invested.ost businesses are on certain predictable lines. But when it comes to sports, it's not te case. A weak team by all data and statistical analysis can outperform a strong team. So, the risk is more and it's all play of luck. It's a pure gambling.

E

eldavis

Sports betting is not an investment, because there is no guarantee that you would definitely gain. Investment on the other hand, there is an expected result. You go into an investment with the expectations that you would get profit returns. Betting is simply taking your chances, or as some would call it trying your luck to see if the odds would be in your favour. Most people also tend to classify trading as gambling or betting as well, but the major difference between both is that with trading there are strategies and calculations needed.