Can the Metaverse Replace the Internet?

Shaf

Verified member
The Metaverse is possibly the next big technological innovation that would change the world. If people can work in the metaverse,have meetings, hold concerts, go on dates, play games all without leaving the comfort of their homes, a lot of them.would settle for that.

With all the hype around it, it's understandable that people are curious about whether the Metaverse would replace the internet.

The simple answer here is that it won't. Like anything connected virtually, the internet and Metaverse would work hand in hand to connect people and all the virtual worlds.

Like other social media platforms depend on the connection of internet to bring people closer to each other, the Metaverse would do even better. The development of even faster internet connections would help things here. You don't want to spend a minute just to lift your hand while interacting with others.
To achieve this,.of would be helpful if internet service providers worked hand in hand with developers of the various Metaverse currently running like Fortnite, The Sandbox and Roblox.

Samiel

Well, tbh i see great opportunity being into Metaverse and i think that hype is well worth it. There is a great potential in Metaverse being the new thing and Facebook (Meta) definitely knows what they are doing.
I started investing in Metaverse the moment i heard about it and i am sure it will give back to me in future. There are some Metaverese Projects already that are worth checking out. There will be many games that you could play there as a simulation and as with every new thing there is a chance to make money there.

I recommend checking out the Tamadoge Coin that sold out in Pre-Sale really quick. It is a metaverse coin project that will be a part of metaverse with it's Games and NFT's. I already bought some in Pre-Sale and now that is also listed on OKX it has already raised in 500% from presale. I think it is however still smart to invest in such projects that have future in Metaverse.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
I don't think metaverse will replace the internet, it is just a part of the internet that wants to super charge the social network and make it more effective, there are different moving factors that makes it super hard for metaverse to replace internet, it is also good to note that metaverse isn't even out there to overthrow the internet.

Also this is how most revolution started, it starts from a very remote place or section and over time they'll take over, well, I can't just seem to imagine a world where the whole Imternet to be on metaverse,, but no one knows about the future.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Metaverse actually exist in the internet. Metaverse is a real world-like virtual space that exist in the internet. It is not possible to use metaverse without access to internet. Metaverse is a virtual reality where facts and fiction blur. You can do almost anything on the metaverse that you would normally do in the real world but your activities will exist only in the digital space, it does not have an existence outside the digital space of the metaverse. By the way, I use a couple of metaverse projects for investment

King bell

VIP Contributor
Nevertheless, it is not expected that the Metaverse would substitute the internet altogether even though it can make online experiences more interesting and layered. The web is a colossal system interlinking billions of devices across the globe for purposes other than just virtual reality or augmented reality applications. On the contrary, the Metaverse is an immersive virtual reality world that strives to generate interactive digital contexts with links among them. As such, it may introduce new ways to involve with others on the web but its connection will still be dependent on global communication via online services as well as sharing of information through its backbone: the internet. In a word, both Internet and Metaverse are not mutually exclusive in terms their existence and they can be used simultaneously in digital space.