Can you actually earn by running ads on your website?

Mika

VIP Contributor
In order to earn really well from infolinks you will have to use infold ads or inframe ads. These ads, even though are not pop up ads, can be considered intrusive because it blocks your website on three sides (left, right and the bottom). They are adsense reseller and you can ern well if you get clicks.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
If your friend is using mediavine to earn from his website, he must have a huge traffic. Mediavine is google adsense partner. It provides high CPC ads on your website. This ad platform is not useful for those who operate a small website. For small websites, it is better to use adsense.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
I know some people who earn any full-time income just buy running display adverts on their websites. In fact, I am also planning to incorporate display advert all my blogs in order to earn passive income online. I have a close friend who is making about $3000 from display advert using Mediavine platform. the only downside is that you need 50000 sessions on your blog and your website traffic must be from United States before you get qualified for the program.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Traffic is very important to make money from your website. If you have traffic, you can use any methods and you will earn. let say, you have 10K daily traffic, you can earn from network ads, affiliate ads, or even by selling ad space, on your site. Before you think about earning, build stable traffic.

niche

Verified member
It depends on the amount of traffic to the website, Domain authorities and other parameters for the website. A decade ago, it was far easier to make money showing ads on a website, in the last 7 years, advertising rates have greatly declined. So it is difficult to make money from PPC or CPM advertising, if there are less visitors to the website.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Yes it is possible to make money from display advert on your blog or website. I know someone who is making nothing less than $3000 from displaying adverts on his blog. You just posted about his opinions on different subject matters in a particular niche. And he is receiving lots of traffic as a results and make more money.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
You need traffic to generate revenue what ever revenue generating methods you have used. If you are running ads you need clicks on your ads or your products need to be purchased. But for sponsorship or selling ad space, you do not need clicks on the ads for you to earn. You earn just by displaying ads.

Mika

VIP Contributor
What ever earning methods you are using, whether it is affilate ads, network ads,ad space sells, sponsorship, you need traffic in any case. Without traffic, you cannot get sponsors, you cannot sell ad space, your affiliate products do not get sold, your network ads do not get clicked. etc. Traffic is the key.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Yes, you can earn by running ads on your site. However, in order to earn from ads, you need massive traffic. Your traffic also need to come from reputable sources like search engines, social media, and not from shady sources like PTC, Traffic Exchanges, bots, etc. Traffic retention is important to earn from ads.

Mika

VIP Contributor
If you have been working online for some time, you might have already noticed that there are numerous monetization solutions for your blogs, forums, or websites. However, the main question is can you actually make money from by running ads on your blog, forums, and websites? In other words, can you actually earn from available monetization solutions?

Let me give you some examples, if you have a website, blog or a forum with substantial amount of quality content and some traffic, you can use Adsense, Infolinks, Media.Net, Amazon (or numerous other ad networks) and make money from these ad networks. In order to earn from these ads, you need legitimate clicks on the ads, or a lot of ad impression or product sales (in case of affiliate ad network like Amazon).

How easy is it to get clicks, impression and product sales?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Thank you for sharing the tips on the ads providers. All the while I thought it was only Adsense where a site could have ads for earnings. I had seen Infolinks being used by another forum (Bizdustry). However, it looks like they have dropped Infolinks now because I have not noticed its presence in the forum.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I was very surprised when my mentor told me that I can monetize a free website even without adsense. This can simply be done with adfly and I think there are other networks that can confidently allow you make money without even using adsense. I was very impressed with this and it has really made me to put more effort in bringing a lot of traffic to my free website.
Adfly is a link shortner, you get high CPM if your traffic is coming from tier one countries and you get moderate CPM if the traffic is from tier 2 countries. sadly, these days when people see link shortner being used they will simply abandon the link. Link shortner diverts multiple time and people find this frustrating.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
If you really want to make something significant through your blog or website, you need to write high quality content , creative , you need to write original contents and always avoid plagiarism.
Use the right keywords and adopt a sufficient SEO tools . When all of these are in place, then you can drive traffic organically and start making money by using the monetization solutions.

Finger Geek

Verified member
There are many ways to monetize a website apart from showing ads on the website. There are some websites that are making money but they don't show ads on there website. They are sell membership package to there members and some are promoting affiliate links on there website to make money. Some even sell products on there websites

mohaimenulshawon

of course you can earn from websites. You need just a huge amount traffic. Traffic will give you money. The ways can be advertise, selling, or affiliating. Hope you will be thankful.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I believe that through Ads placement a blogger can earn money out of his blog when the traffic is moderate or high. As long as their is traffic especially from the top tier country users, surely the blog will fetch reasonable amount of money through Ads. Apart from Ads a blogger, forum owners can earn from sponsorship, affiliate marketing, selling of digital items, and donations etc.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
I was very surprised when my mentor told me that I can monetize a free website even without adsense. This can simply be done with adfly and I think there are other networks that can confidently allow you make money without even using adsense. I was very impressed with this and it has really made me to put more effort in bringing a lot of traffic to my free website.