General insurance Can you buy two pet insurance policies at the same time?

Mika

VIP Contributor
Pet insurance provides coverage for the medical bills for your pet depending on the type of pet insurance you have bought. Let say, your pet is injured, you spend a lot of money on medical bills. If you had bought pet insurance, you can claim financial compensation from the insurance company. But the question is can you buy more than one pet insurance policy.

Well, the answer is NO. You cannot buy two pet insurance from the same company or two different companies. If you are found to buy more than one insurance policy for the same pet, your claim will be denied.

You cannot buy more than one insurance policy for your same pet, but can you buy an insurance policy if you have more than one pet?

Well, you can buy multi-pet insurance. Actually, if you have more than one pet, buying multi-pet insurance offers you discounts if you have insured more than one pet for the same insurance policy.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
In the first instance, why will I need to buy two pets insurance policies? It is fine to have a pet and you can choose to insure your pet but why will you even have two pets?. To me, it sounds like abusing insurance policy because I really don’t see the reason to do that.

Setho

VIP Contributor
I believe that the Lord will not stop you from trying to gather two insurance policies for your pets but I actually see it as needless. It will only be useful if the insurance companies are offering two types of backing and I want that you think are very useful for you to ensure.

Mika

VIP Contributor
In the first instance, why will I need to buy two pets insurance policies? It is fine to have a pet and you can choose to insure your pet but why will you even have two pets?. To me, it sounds like abusing insurance policy because I really don’t see the reason to do that.
Since you can buy two life insurance policies from two different insurance companies, a lot of people get this idea that if it is possible to buy two insurance policies for your pet. ll they want is not only coverage for their pets but also benefit extra money from the insurance companies. Things like these happen in the insurance world.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
You can buy insurnce policies for your all pets but you cannot buy multiple insurance policies for the same pet. This will be termed a fraud case. Even if you do this, claiming the policy benefits can be difficult because you cannot forge fake medical bills and cannot use the same bills for multiple companies.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
I actually do not know about this before but this is a very good information you have given here. Insurance policies differ from country to country and from company to company. in this case I really wonder how the other company will find out that you already have an insurance with another company about your pets.