Can you remain healthy all your life?

Mika

VIP Contributor
I am 27 years old perfectly healthy individual without any medical history. I do not have any physical or mental diseases. I do not have stress or anxiety issues, I do not have any metabolic disorder, I do not even have a weight problem.

Will I be in the same condition after 25 years? I mean will I be perfectly healthy with no health complications when I am 52 years old?

If you believe what doctors say, a lot of individuals will begin to experience health complications once they are 40 years and older. My father showed high cholesterol when he was 42 years. By the time he was 50, he was also experiencing high blood pressure. By the time my uncle was 45, he was already diagnosed with type 2 diabetes.

Almost all people I know who are above 50 years of age are having some kind of disease.

Is it possible to remain healthy all your life?

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I am 27 years old perfectly healthy individual without any medical history. I do not have any physical or mental diseases. I do not have stress or anxiety issues, I do not have any metabolic disorder, I do not even have a weight problem.

Will I be in the same condition after 25 years? I mean will I be perfectly healthy with no health complications when I am 52 years old?

If you believe what doctors say, a lot of individuals will begin to experience health complications once they are 40 years and older. My father showed high cholesterol when he was 42 years. By the time he was 50, he was also experiencing high blood pressure. By the time my uncle was 45, he was already diagnosed with type 2 diabetes.

Almost all people I know who are above 50 years of age are having some kind of disease.

I know we are bound to go through one health issue or the other but it might just be a mild one. This is why a healthy lifestyle is always encouraged. It is good to stay away from situations that will affect our well-being. So keep doing what you are doing to take care of your health to remain healthy

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
My inspiration in health is my great uncle who was first hospitalized when he was 105. That is the reason why we look up to him not just for longevity but for his perfect health. He died a month after celebrating his 106th birthday due to pneumonia. But prior to that he was physically independent... and a heavy smoker too.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor

Well, staying healthy all through ones life is not guaranteed but I hear people say that , to be healthy with no medical conditions all through your life is a special gift from god. Individuals who choose to live an healthy life from the youthful age will likely enjoy good health when getting old.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
You can remain healthy all through your life. At times its luck and favour, including the kind of food you take. They say hereditary plays its own part towards our well-being. Okay, that might be true, but not that what affects my father will affect me too, when i try my best to avoid it. My grand mother that got to 97 years lived from day one till old age before falling to an illness that took her life. So one might stay healthy regardless of hereditary, but through his or her own healthy living life.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Personally I have never seen someone that remain healthy since he or she was born without having an infection even as little as flu or something related to that, over here malaria and typhoid is one of the most rampant disease that lot of people are getting almost on monthly basis because of high availability of mosquito.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I do not think you can remain perfectly healthy all your life. Disease is a reality, you cannot avoid disease. You may not have diabetes, blood pressure, cancer, and other diseases, but you surely lose hearing, eyesight, etc. Old age is the degeneration of your body, when your body degenerates, how can you be healthy.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
It is possible to maintain your health for a long period of time. I have seen many old folks who are quite fit and they are not suffering from any kind of major health complications like blood pressure problems, diabetes, heart problems, etc. Health is dependent upon you and you must take care of yourself.

Empress

Verified member
Yeah we can be free from any diseases as long as we do what we make us healthy like eating a balanced diet, not smoking or drinking, doing exercise Regularly and also being hygienic all this will reduce the risk of certain diseases in the body except for minor health problems like headache and so on