Business Ideas Can you sell the business you are passionate about

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Most times business owner could be faced with dilema on how to go about their business ,most especially when they are to sell the business they are more passionate about and feel could give them more happy time and good mood change whenever they are sad or unhappy ,since they are more passionate about it ,i have friends who can never trade what they love because they are more passionate about the thing and feel like its just all they got and their life is attached to it ,if more money is been involved in the deal worth more than the amount you have made in that business and combining all the investment together in that business ,if you are in such situation or you know someone with such situation what would be your advice to the person involved when it comes to selling the business the person got more passion for

funmi

Verified member
Well, selling business am passionate about depends on what I intend to do next.
If I sell a business and I will use it to do another profitable business, then, I will definitely sell it out. I believe it is better to sell the business that am passionate about than to leave it and not gain much or gain anything at all.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I can't see myself selling my passionate business initiative to any one whosoever. Your business is your dream, if you sell your business you might find it hard to capture success around business especially when you're moving forward. Instead of our sell the business i craved about, I'll quit it and never sell my idea for someone not to use it drive millions and leaving me regretting it.

G

Godspower2

Selling a business I am passionate about is like selling my dream. You've got to ask yourself questions like is it worth it? We all know everyone face a major challenge at a particular time in their business but 80% of people would emerge victorious and think thoroughly on how to go about it. So you've got to tell yourself, speak to yourself, your soul listens to you, tell yourself I am going to make it out. There is always light at the end of a tunnel

Left to me, I would look for solutions but selling it is not a solution.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
There are several people who have sold the business they suffered to grow because of some life's issues. I will try as much as possible never to sell the business that I have grown for a long time and also passionate about it. It is therefore very important for businesses is to always have a way of saving some money in times of crisis.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Well I can, if the person is willing to pay higher and tangible price for the business. Then I can always set up another one. I think business is all about a good location.....After selling it, then I will look for another location that is suitable for the business. I think we have companies doing this kind of business.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Well I can, if the person is willing to pay higher and tangible price for the business. Then I can always set up another one. I think business is all about a good location.....After selling it, then I will look for another location that is suitable for the business. I think we have companies doing this kind of business.
Businesses like Facebook was offered a very huge amount of money some years ago by apple, but Mark Zuckerberg refused. I think it is all about vision because when you are visionaryin business you will definitely know the direction you will be getting to within a period of time. Sometimes, money can also make people to sale the business they're passionate about.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Businesses like Facebook was offered a very huge amount of money some years ago by apple, but Mark Zuckerberg refused. I think it is all about vision because when you are visionaryin business you will definitely know the direction you will be getting to within a period of time. Sometimes, money can also make people to sale the business they're passionate about.
Yes you are right.... When you see a bright future in your business, then you don't have to sell. These are successful businesses already. You can't sell this kind of business, when you know the millions of dollars you are seeing on daily basis. It will be unreasonable to sell that kind of business.

Mika

VIP Contributor
If I have a business idea and if I cannot fund my business idea, the only way to make money from my idea is by selling my business idea. I do not see any big issue in selling my business idea. If I have a business and if I can not handle my business due to various reasons, it is better to sell the business to the person who can devote time.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I will not not sell my. Business for anything.it. Isn't easy to start a business to succeed then start selling maybe to start a new one. Instead if I'm tired I will employ an assistance to help me run the business. Unless the money to bought is really huge if not will continue with my business

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
If my business is nearing bankruptcy the only options left are to infuse more capital (even by borrowing) or to sell the business (if there is a buyer). In that case I would prefer to sell because infusing more capital does not guarantee that the business can survive. If the loss continues then the added capital will only add to the losses.

Setho

VIP Contributor
There is always this particular business idea that everyone has carved out in his head and he's more like their own dream invention or dream investment. The truth is that I will be very open to selling my breakthrough business idea or even a breakthrough business if I do not have the necessary funds for me to pursue them or even better I might offer a partnership with someone who has.

JulietaRizas

I've been there, holding onto something I poured my heart into, despite tempting offers to sell. I remember feeling torn between financial gain and emotional attachment. Ultimately, I sought advice from mentors who reminded me that while passion is invaluable, so is financial security and personal growth. It's about finding a balance that honors both your heart and your head. If you're grappling with a similar dilemma, maybe checking out VR Business Brokers Newtown, PA could offer some insights or guidance.