Can You Still Make Money From a Blog?

Mika

VIP Contributor
A lot of people say that blogging is not as effective as it used to be in the past. They say, until 5-6 years ago, you could easily earn from your blog, but currently, it is extremely difficult to earn.

It is true that earning from blogging is getting extremely difficult. However, that’s not because blogging is no longer effective, that’s because it is becoming very competitive, there are multitudes of bloggers blogging on the same niche as yours. A lot of big companies have created their own blogs, spent tons of money on SEO and digital marketing, thus, making it harder for small bloggers to get ranked on the search engines. Another reason for blogging not being as effective as it used to be in the past is the rise of social blogging platforms and vlogging platforms.

Even though making money from a blog is getting difficult, a blog is still

One of the best platforms to express your opinion,

One of the best platforms to establish you as an authority on a topic,

One of the best platforms to garner readership,

One of the best platforms for content marketing,

One of the best platforms to promote products and services, and

One of the best platforms to bring new customers and retain old customers.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I don't really think blogging no more a lucretive business , I still believe it is a lucrative business just that the competition is very high because for you to be able to make money your website much be rank higher in the search engine optimisation , it will be very difficult because you will really have to spend a lot of your time writing high-quality content and doing a lot of other things to achieve this

For me as long as an individual have the passion to engage in this business I do not see anything wrong with it because it is definitely a profitable business most especially if you have the time and ability to write content that will attract people into your website, it may not really be difficult but most people who are engaging in blogging tends to be lazy to write high contents to attract more people , that is why it seems as if there is higher competitive business in the business

People should not consider to do blogging as a side business because sometimes you may not have the time to study and understand what should be posted , everyone should consider to do it as a full-time business because that is just the only way you can be able to make profit and concentrate in the business perfectly

E

eldavis

Blogging is still lucrative, and there are people still making money form it, the problem is that it takes time. One thing about blogging is that you need to be patient, the beginning is extremely tough. What brings the money in blogging is the amount of traffic that is coming into your blogging site and to achieve this, you would need to be patient cause it takes time to grow that traffic, some persons even give up along the line here.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Yes, you can still make money from a blog, but before you can start making money, you need to find out which niche makes most of the money and you will have to use the keywords accordingly. If you do keyword research, you will find out that insurance has the highest CPC rate in the US< the UK, Canada and Australia. If you blog in insurance niche and target keywords that get most searches on the insurance niches (for example farmer's insurance,care insurance, etc.), you will earn really well. However, before you can earn you need to get ranked high on search engines.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Blogging is still very effective and lucrative, just that the competition is higher now than ever and people who don't know how to somethings to make their blog visible begins to complain. The competition in the blogging food is very high now that if you do not have some skills you may not really be able to monetize your blog. One of the major things you need to be aware of is how to do search engine optimisation. Search engine optimisation is a must for anyone that ever wants to succeed in blogging and also make a lot of money from it. Another thing you must be good ideas how to create quality content that will attract people's attention.
If you don't know how to create good content that will get people engaged on your blog and also make them to return then you will definitely not succeed. there are times when people search for a blog on Google and when they see it the bookmark it, because of the kind of content you are giving them. This can only be possible if you have a very engaging contents that solves people's problem. There are many ways you can monetize your blog such as Google adsense and promoting affiliate products.

PICKFORD

Verified member
I strongly believe that the job of blogging is still a lucrative business or profession, but to make money as a blogger solely depends on the type of niche you offer or showcase to your subscribers, in fact research has it that an average blogger ends up to 12,000 dollars in a year and to be sincere that is so much money compared to my country's currency.

Blogging is a very good lucrative business and like I said it's only depends on the kind of miss you work on. in my country to people size Nigeria which is in Africa a lot of people like sports as well as entertainment activities like videos so if you want to succeed as a blogger in Nigeria you have to work on a niche that people are mostly interested in some of which include sports , movie reviews , celebrity , stories , ancient storytelling , excetera. As cliche as it may sound the act of blogging or the career of being a blogger and needs you to be a kind of sociable person, a kind of person that doesn't take false or negative reaction to personal , this is so true because being a blogger you post content and people react to this content and some of this action could be false or have a negative effect, a situation like this you shouldn't take such reaction personal.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Blogging is still one of the lucrative ways to make money online. You must be ready to put in some work at the initial before you can start making money with blogging.

You also need to be consistent with your effort if you want to make money fast with blogging. Try to write unique content on your blog that focus on less competitive keywords so as to generate free organic traffic fast to your blog.

Here are some of the methods you can use to make money from your blog.

Affiliate marketing
Affiliate marketing simply means selling other people product on your blog to earn commission.

You simply sign up with affiliate program in your niche. Generate affiliate links and post it on some of your content on your blog. You are going to make commission when any of your website visitors make a purchase.

Display advert
Display advert is one of my favourite ways to make money with blogging. you don't need to worry yourself about changing affiliate links.

You only need to put a code on your website and you will start making money. Google adsense is one of the common ways to make money with display advert.

Others
Other method of making money with your blog include but not limited to,Sponsored posts, Sell your own product and Run a membership.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Running a blog is one of the hardest ways to make money, but once your blog manages to generate a massive amount of traffic, then you will be able to earn hundreds of thousands of dollars each month. There have been many success stories of people who managed to make their blog successful by writing great content and implementing the right kind of effective SEO and digital marketing strategies in order to make their blogs famous. I must say that apart from SEO, social media has also played a very big role in the development of the blogging field, as many blog owners have thousands of followers on their social media platform.

I must say that a famous or influential person is more likely to gain subscribers on their blog. The same goes for Youtube channels Many celebrities tend to promote their blog by first creating a Youtube channel and then they promote their blogs on their channel. This actually makes it possible for them to generate income from Youtube monetization and their blog as well! However, not all the bloggers are successful. It all depends on the kind of content you produce for your viewers and what kind of online strategies you utilize to gain unique visitors.

cmoneyspinner

I started blogging to earn income. Even though the income earned from my blogs has not been consistent, I continue to maintain my blogs anyway. Since I am active in lots of social communities and forums I find ways to either recycle or repurpose my content. For example, when I learned that Medium.com accepts republished content, I started republishing my blog content there. I am in the Medium Partners Program so I earn from my blogs and from republishing the same content via Medium. I always try to look for sites that accept republished content. I used to earn from republishing via YAHOO Voices by that platform shut down.

Dora Wi

The blogging market is certainly becoming oversaturated, which makes it really hard to become truly successful, so I think it takes a lot more SEO expertise and edge to make it work than it did 5-10 years ago. Also, bloggers often couple their business with YouTube videos, which can significantly boost engagement.

Setho

VIP Contributor
Blogging is still an activity that remains one of the best ways in the number to make money in 2022. One thing that I particularly love it is that you can be able to make so much money from it in a very short time even when you do not necessarily have to commit so much money and time into scaling it up. What this means is that you can be able to spend as low as $50 on building a website with free web building platforms like WordPress. Even when you have not reach the minimum requirement in order to enroll for Google adsense you can still be making money through affiliate marketing or posting of sponsored advertisement. You can also become a guest poster or if possible a ghost writer for other website platforms if you are going to be contacted to write something outside your niche that you think that is not going to be proper for you to include it in your own website. There are a lot of niches that you can choose from when you want to start blogging and that can include things like the entertainment industry and also the sport industry .

Nanajules

A lot of people say that blogging is not as effective as it used to be in the past. They say, until 5-6 years ago, you could easily earn from your blog, but currently, it is extremely difficult to earn.

It is true that earning from blogging is getting extremely difficult. However, that’s not because blogging is no longer effective, that’s because it is becoming very competitive, there are multitudes of bloggers blogging on the same niche as yours. A lot of big companies have created their own blogs, spent tons of money on SEO and digital marketing, thus, making it harder for small bloggers to get ranked on the search engines. Another reason for blogging not being as effective as it used to be in the past is the rise of social blogging platforms and vlogging platforms.

Even though making money from a blog is getting difficult, a blog is still

One of the best platforms to express your opinion,

One of the best platforms to establish you as an authority on a topic,

One of the best platforms to garner readership,

One of the best platforms for content marketing,

One of the best platforms to promote products and services, and

One of the best platforms to bring new customers and retain old customers.
So how effective is blogging??

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Blogging is one of the popular ways to make money online. It comes with much flexibility as you don't need to write a blog post all the time.

You need to provide value on your blog and network with other bloggers in your niche to get your blog off the ground fast.

It is good to do keyword research so that you'll be able to receive free organic traffic from Google search engine. The type of keywords you are going to write content and must be less competitive.

You can make use of Google auto subject to come up with less competitive keyword in your niche. You just need to apply alphabet soup when you are doing keyword research using Google auto suggest.

You can include affiliate links in some of your contents in order to start making money with your blog.

Just make sure that they affiliate products links you are going to put in some of your content is related to your niche. It does not make sense to promote fitness products on educational blog.

You can gradually move to display advert and make money on autopilot once you are receiving free organic traffic from Google search engine consistently on every month.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
No matter how blogging is saturated due to the whales being the big companies flooding it and using their resources to attract SEO and bring ranked higher than the small bloggers in the blogging industry. It doesn't mean you wouldn't earn money from your own blog, provided you're doing it right, creating unique contents and attracting lots of unique traffic to your blog, within some duration of time you can begin to earn. Their are other ways to earn from blog and not just through AdSense, you can earn earn bigger doing affiliate marketing via your website. It is better to learn how the tricks earning money from affiliate marketing works, in order to take advantage of it and start earning from affiliate marketing.

If I own a website one of my favourite option to earn money with, gonna be affiliate marketing, I love such option. I know it isn't easy, it is better said than done, but I believe in working hard and making it smart. Their is nothing you can't achieve with your time provided your mind is there and you're doing the needful to succeed in such niche, you'll definitely achieve it by keeping it consistently there.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
Making money from blogging is still a lucrative and profitable online business . But the question someone who intend to be a blogger should ask him or herself is "what does it really take to be a good blogger " ? . As long as there is life on planet Earth and as long as event comes as a result of events . Citizens of a particular country news to know what is going around them . And most of this news could be provided by a blogger .

Research and studies has it that in Nigeria a single diligence and intelligence blogger makes up to 500,000 naira in less than 2 weeks , with this it is positive to say that blogging is indeed a lucrative business . That is why in blogging it is important to choose a niche which you are more familiar and flexible to work on . One factor that affect the choice of niche is the locality , well to be more elaborate let's take for example Africa to be precise Nigeria a lot of people are addicted or most concerned about entertainment and trending news so being a blogger that provide services which brings entertainments or the most trending news about health , celebrities , incidents , education , events going on or happening in the world two people subscribing to your channel is tend to be profitable.