Car wash or laundry services, which is better?

Olajidey

I would prefer laundry as said in the post above me carwash require more space than laundry. you just have to get a small space if you are venturing into the laundry. you also have to consider location carwash is better suited in a commercial area while laundry is best located in a residential area. car wash requires much labour than laundry which involve less labour. Not everybody own a car as everybody have as many dresses as you may like and you sometimes get yourself busy that you need the service of a laundryman.

IamDozzy

Personally, I would prefer going for the laundry option. This is because you can do the laundry business at the comfort of your house. And the you need just two equipment, washing machine and pressing iron. Also laundry business is less stressful compared to car wash business which is the primary reason I suggested laundry business. With laundry business you could get contracts from 5 star hotels to launder their beddings which would result in you earning cool cash as compared to car washing business.

Abu4exel

Car and laundry are two good job, but one is better than other. Car washer makes more money than a launder because it base on per vehicle and area like island, Ikeja, ikoyi and ikorodu, washing of cars at these locations comes with big pay per vehicle. Unlike the launder that will charge base on how many the cloths that you want to wash. That is, launder can't collect one cloth only, but many before he or she can charge the person. So, I prefer to be a car washer to being a launder.

D

Deleted member 28873

Both business are great but the cost of starting a laundry business is much than that of a car wash business depending on how standard you want it to be.In a laundry business you have to get a washing machine or else you want to go through the stress of hand washing.both are great and could be done together

Kennysplash

Verified member
For someone interested in service related business, which is more advisable to go for, laundry service or car wash? I'm actually asking for a friend, he is torn between the two choices so he wanted my advice. I told him I will get back to him after I have done some research on the two businesses.
What I have garnered so far is that car wash services is a bit more stressful than laundry. After all, there is a dry cleaner or washing machine that does the washing. The only other thing needed to do manually is ironing of the clothes. Even still, the workload can't be compared that of car washing. It requires that one exerts himself vigorously, so I'm planning to tell him to go for laundry services. Are there any other factors to be considered before making the ultimate decision? Or are there other areas in which car wash is better than laundry? Please let me know.
Both are very similar. But if you want to start laundry services you might have to spend more than carwash. You just need a space for carwash and you are good to go. But laundry needs a shop, a washing machine at least, a generator in case of power failure. So the money spent into laundry is more than that of carwash. It all comes down to personal preference and your budget. Both can sell very well because people wash clothes and their cars regularly.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
To me both car and Lundary business is good but its depend on how you see it.
First let's talk about the car wash business. When you want to enter in to it you need a big space where car can pack ,you need constant supply of water,you need pumping matching and machine that you will be using to watch it or possibly you can still be washing it manually. All this to require strenght and energy to carry it out.
On the other hand if it were Lundary you will just need a shop ,constant supply of electricity for ironing cloth,constant supply of water and strenght to do the work.
You can see the requiment of the two then you can choose the one that you think will be lesser in cost and less stressful. Though you still need to compare the price per each cloth and car you wash then pick the one that is more profitable. Remember packaging and advertisement must be included.

Georgeadawara

Laundry business is more profitable in our today world an average person most have not less than 5-10 set of clothes and a very high percentage of workers today us laundry to wash there clothes. Because they are always busy at office or at working late.

Nii41

They are both lucrative businesses although I feel laundry business will be better. Some people dont wash their cars outside these days, especially people who have drivers or gatemen in their homes. But for laundry, even if the person has a househelp in the house, there are certain fabrics you wont give the person, you would rather bring it to a dry cleaner to work on it. They are both good businesses one can consider. Your starting capital can guide you. From the amount you have, you can decided the one which will best be convenient for you.

Donkiz

This depends on your location and the amount of capital available for starting the business. Laundry services requires the purchase of more equipment for the business than what is needed for car wash services. Car wash requires more space for people to park their cars for washing.

So if you have a spacious location where people can park their cars and wait, then I will suggest car wash because apart from washing people's cars, if you are business minded you can add selling of drinks and others things to it, so that your customers can equally use them to relax while waiting for their cars.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I will prefer car wash but I will target a busy area especially around my place. Where we have many car users who don't even have time to wash their cars. The other reasons I choose to choose car wash is that it is not stressful compare to laundry that requires your energy and attention especially while ironing in order not to burn the clothes. Also, the cost of starting a car wash is not much. You only need an open space close to water and boomz your business has started.

Jonaville

For someone interested in service related business, which is more advisable to go for, laundry service or car wash? I'm actually asking for a friend, he is torn between the two choices so he wanted my advice. I told him I will get back to him after I have done some research on the two businesses.
What I have garnered so far is that car wash services is a bit more stressful than laundry. After all, there is a dry cleaner or washing machine that does the washing. The only other thing needed to do manually is ironing of the clothes. Even still, the workload can't be compared that of car washing. It requires that one exerts himself vigorously, so I'm planning to tell him to go for laundry services. Are there any other factors to be considered before making the ultimate decision? Or are there other areas in which car wash is better than laundry? Please let me know.

Josemendez

Verified member
The fact is that with washing machine , most people do not have the need to go to the laundry , the few that do not have laundry machine ,barely have money to go to the laundry.

Nevertheless , who ever wants to start any of the business will first assess the nature of the environment . For car wash business , it is likely going to be profitable because , many people may not have time to wash their cars. This doesn't mean that laundry service is not profitable , the best one like I said , depends on the Environment

Xerryl

When I was growing up, kids used to take part in different activities such as clubs, etc. and the way they used to raise money for their events was to have a car wash. Kids would come out on a Saturday, usually in a school parking lot, put up signs, tell their parents, friends, etc. GET A CAR WASH FOR $1.

Xerryl

It all depends on the skill you are having. If you have learnt laundry then you can put it into practise. If not then you can start a car business rather because it requires little skills.

E

escol0612

In the car wash, it seems to me that the return on investment is greater, and also the rotation of clients, you can implement it with young people who have enough energy and good quality control. In the laundry unless you have corporate clients (hotels or restaurants) you run into a variety of pieces that require different treatments, I find laundry more exhausting.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
First point for the laundry service is that it earns more than the carwash business. Second point is the the laundry needs a small space while the carwash requires a big space. That would be a big difference in the rental costs. Third point is the use of water. In our town it is not allowed for a carwash to use water coming from the tap. They need to have their own source of water like a deep well. There used to be 3 carwash shops in our village but now there is only 1 due to the restrictions.

cmoneyspinner

When I was growing up, kids used to take part in different activities such as clubs, etc. and the way they used to raise money for their events was to have a car wash. Kids would come out on a Saturday, usually in a school parking lot, put up signs, tell their parents, friends, etc. GET A CAR WASH FOR $1. People would line up to get their cars washed. So? Car Wash versus Laundry Services? Car wash! Plus when you're washing the car you could play that really cool music while you're working. :)

Preferito

It all depends on the skill you are having. If you have learnt laundry then you can put it into practise. If not then you can start a car business rather because it requires little skills.

Sammyesx

I will prefer cash wash, in a place like Lagos where vehicles abound everywhere and if the car wash is located in a very crowded bus stop, then you won't run out of car to wash, most people don't have the time to wash their cars, the few that does wash their don't do it properly.
With the invention of washing machine people no longer patronise dry cleaning service like before.