Causes of increase in the rate of divorce among young couples

Segat

Why is the rate of divorce is in this increasing order especially among the young couples? I kept wondering religion is increasing in the highest so also some things that are not really on the increase before like divorce also increases. I think we need to look into this critically and check it out.

Abbeyola

Why is the rate of divorce is in this increasing order especially among the young couples? I kept wondering religion is increasing in the highest so also some things that are not really on the increase before like divorce also increases. I think we need to look into this critically and check it out.
The causes of most divorce cases in to days marriages can categories into different purposes and aspects, firstly there is lack of understanding among couples in marriages a lot of husband and wife fail to understand the way to identity one another's strength and weakness, when that is put in check things will work according. Secondly, there is lack of patience, both husband and wife do not take things easy and try to control themselves when some issues arise in the marriage or the home.

Henrylaw

Many marriages crashes today because of lack of proper planning, courtship and genuine love. Other causes of divorce today are finance, contract marriage, marriage of convenience, spousal incompatibility and difference of purpose. With the rising level of infidelity and economic downturn, many marriages have said to have been crashed or on the brink of crashing. Economic setback and unemployment compound the woes of many marriages today.

Maphalle

Yes divorce rate is too high recently. There are different reasons young couples find themselves divorcing...
1. Misunderstanding of your partner's love language.
2. Not knowing your partner's temperament leads to hot arguments and prefer to separate because I can't tolerate my partner.
3. Failure to meet another's expectations.

I have experienced a divorce where a couple divorced 2 months after they married for the reason that the lady cannot stay in a flat she needs a big house to live in. The guy tried to explain that it's just for a while but that was not the lady's expectation and it was a divorce.

Segat

Many marriages crashes today because of lack of proper planning, courtship and genuine love. Other causes of divorce today are finance, contract marriage, marriage of convenience, spousal incompatibility and difference of purpose. With the rising level of infidelity and economic downturn, many marriages have said to have been crashed or on the brink of crashing. Economic setback and unemployment compound the woes of many marriages today.
Thanks for your contribution, another reason for divorce these days is the wrong interpretation of gender equality. There is nothing like gender equality in marriage, if you are a man you can't do as a woman and if you are woman you can't do as man. Let individual know the roles they are to play for the success of the marriage and stop switching roles or responsibilities.

Mainly the causes of marriage failure or divorce among young couples is lack of understanding and lack of compatibility. Some couples get married even knowing fully well that they are not compactible but due to maybe the financial status, lack of knowledge which is marriage on deceit they go ahead to marry thereby not lasting when everything surfaces

Segat

Mainly the causes of marriage failure or divorce among young couples is lack of understanding and lack of compatibility. Some couples get married even knowing fully well that they are not compactible but due to maybe the financial status, lack of knowledge which is marriage on deceit they go ahead to marry thereby not lasting when everything surfaces
But sometimes so many people who are victim of this saga divorce has attended a lot of marriage counselling, even while they are unmarried they have attended a lot marriage seminars for single and yet they found themselves in a cap sided marriage boat. What else could have caused it? Is there any way out?.

Segat

Doing away with culture of a particular place could also cause divorce in marriage for instance if someone staying in Africa want to imbibe the marriage culture in American and vice versa it might likely not work because the understanding of marriage and the way it handled in each culture is totally different.

Samuel72

Verified member
according to my own point of view I will say the causes of divorce in the rate of young married couples it's because they lack understanding between each other, when you're in a courtship with your partner you need to let your partner know who you really are you need also to learn and know your partner very well, so you will be able to understand him better and know if you can accept him just the way he is

OlaAdams

well stated bro!

let me go straight to the point.
why do you think people go into marriage in the first place?
most people goes into marriage because of there personal gain.
so one the gain that attracted them to the other sex diminish the love and willingness to remain the marriage decreases until they can't take it any more and decided to divorce.

Adesam

Several factors can be ascribed to the reason why there is increase in divorce rate among young couple. One of the major factors is lack of adequate preparations. Failure to prepare they say is preparation to fail. Most young people of our time think having money and attaining certain age range make them ready. It is more than that, you have to be mentally and emotionally mature to withstand the weight that comes with it. Having the right knowledge about parenting and building good home via studying is very important before venturing into marriage.

Dora Wi

I think the divorce rate increasing is not necessarily a bad sign.

It's important how we define a successful marriage. In my opinion, just because two people have been together a very long time and haven't divorced doesn't mean their marriage is successful - a marriage is successful if they are truly happy and content together. It takes some strength to admit that a marriage is not working out and in that case, divorce is a better option.

Today's Western culture is very individualistic, especially now that women have a choice to not depend on a man if they don't want to. This creates an environment where there's a bigger focus on the possibility of finding one's own path.