Challenge of starting a school business

funmi

Verified member
School business is good, its like building the foundation of future leaders. With my experience with many proprietors and proprietress, it really takes a long period of time before it can grow up to standard.
So many things are involved in owing a school, it is not as easy as some people think it is. For many years, school owners will be investing and pumping money into the school without having much returns as expected.
Another thing I noticed is that School business as a lot to do with legacy and name. The legacy and name I mean here is the academic performance of pupils and students in the school year in year out.
If the school did not have a good legacy or name, parents will not bring their children to the school. And your school will be struggling with trying to make a name for themselves. More so, they will be struggling with employing professional teachers and how to pay the salaries of the teachers.
With all the above points, have been able to come to conclusion about school business that it is very tasking and highly challenging.

What did you think about school business as regards what have said earlier on?

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
I never really thought owning a school was solely for Profits making at all, so I am really surprised reading this that there are people who start school with the profits making in mind.
A challenge that school owners face is that they cannot continue to sustain the school and so they raise the fees and this makes many parents to take their children away to schools that are cheaper.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
My mother's cousin owns a high school in a suburban town. His first investment was the big land that he planned for the school. When he got the resources he constructed the building and started the high school which was managed by his son who is also the principal. My uncle has a doctorate in education and his son has a masters degree.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Those challenges you have mentioned are all true. Starting a private school business is not easy at all. It takes so much time, investment and effort for the school to run well and you start earning the profits. Another challenge is that some parents can be really lazy about paying school fees, yet that is what private schools depend on to run the school.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Starting a school business is challenging and the points you have pointed out is true, most of the schools in our country is regulated and if I thinking of going into a school business you must be registered with an appropriate government organisation, good teachers are the things you need to do have first