Common mistakes to avoid with health insurance policy

Augusta

VIP Contributor
When you are buying your health insurance policy you need to avoid the below mistakes to avoid getting into trouble or not having it right with your health insurance plan.

Avoid the mistake of not disclosing your health or medical history. It might act agsnist you when you need to make a claim

Don't dwell solely with one insurance company. Check around at renewal of your policy you might get a better offer from another insurance company.

Avoid the mistake of not reading the exclusions that comes with your health insurance plan. You need to assess it and be sure you are okay with them

Guard aganist the mistake of going for a plan that gives you insufficient coverage. Don't want to save on premium and get less value or coverage for it.

What do you think?

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Ok thanks for the information,, this is what I just asked if the medical insurance organisation really have role since sickness is not something that can be caused by carelessness such as damaged property or accident... The role of disclosing your medical history to the organisation is actually the best and should not be hidden.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
I actually think if the person fail to disclose his or health issues and others ,the insurance company might still find a way to do that , because they have specified doctor to test the person and if they found out that the person have such sickness and the insurer did not inform them , they might terminate the policy

beeehappy

When you are buying your health insurance policy you need to avoid the below mistakes to avoid getting into trouble or not having it right with your health insurance plan.

Avoid the mistake of not disclosing your health or medical history. It might act agsnist you when you need to make a claim

Don't dwell solely with one insurance company. Check around at renewal of your policy you might get a better offer from another insurance company.

Avoid the mistake of not reading the exclusions that comes with your health insurance plan. You need to assess it and be sure you are okay with them

Guard aganist the mistake of going for a plan that gives you insufficient coverage. Don't want to save on premium and get less value or coverage for it.

What do you think?
This was helpful to me, thanks!

Augusta

VIP Contributor
This was helpful to me, thanks!
This is mostly a site to get very helpful information, so that will be only what will be provided. So for health insurance that needs to do with ones health it is pertinent to get a total coverage that will help one in no little way when the need arises. This is why it will good to work with an insurance agent

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
This is mostly a site to get very helpful information, so that will be only what will be provided. So for health insurance that needs to do with ones health it is pertinent to get a total coverage that will help one in no little way when the need arises. This is why it will good to work with an insurance agent
to work with an insurance agent
Yeah it's a site to get helpful info concerning insurance and investing in insurance policy ,there are so many insurance policy available ,it's best for us to make the right necessary choice to choose the best one and get an insurance policy that would work best for us too, there are so many insurance agents we need to be very much careful of too

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
I think you have some points made up there but at the same time I will like to add to it in the sense that most of these things mentioned are the regular stuffs that comes with the agreement and if you don’t notice, the broker will definitely let you know that you have to take note of them

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I may disagree with you in the first point. We need to let our insurance scheme know about our health status before we go for it. This is because it will be comprehensive enough and they will know where to cover. Lying about this may deny us of some benefits.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I actually think if the person fail to disclose his or health issues and others ,the insurance company might still find a way to do that , because they have specified doctor to test the person and if they found out that the person have such sickness and the insurer did not inform them , they might terminate the policy
But sometimes I wonder in the first place why anyone will want to hide anytime that will even help them gain more from their insurance policy. For me doing that just shows how criminal minded the person is or what to be. Disclosing everything is a lot better than hiding it

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I think you have some points made up there but at the same time I will like to add to it in the sense that most of these things mentioned are the regular stuffs that comes with the agreement and if you don’t notice, the broker will definitely let you know that you have to take note of them
Yesh but then you know humans sometimes want to behave as if they have selective health issue where they only see what they want to see. So they try to hide somethings which I believe they ones that will benefit them in the long run. Well, this is what I want to believe though might still be untrue

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I may disagree with you in the first point. We need to let our insurance scheme know about our health status before we go for it. This is because it will be comprehensive enough and they will know where to cover. Lying about this may deny us of some benefits.
Mate we are saying this same thing go read the first point again. I said they should avoid the mistake of not disclosing their health status. So it means one should always open up to the insurance company about every health issues that they are facing to give the insurance more insight into their health problems

Setho

VIP Contributor
It is very important that everybody should have at least one layer of health insurance. Whenever you are going to enroll for one you should make sure that you also enroll your children if you have any. A lot of health insurance platforms offer this kind of services and you will pay lesser than individual.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
It is very important that everybody should have at least one layer of health insurance. Whenever you are going to enroll for one you should make sure that you also enroll your children if you have any. A lot of health insurance platforms offer this kind of services and you will pay lesser than individual.
Definitely, it is good to take advantage of health insurance policy if possible not just for yourself but for your family too. The health of the home is always very vital as it keeps everyone sound and healthy. Money shouldn't be a problem if one can afford bevause the benefits that comes with it is immense.

LoukiaCharilaou

Valued Contributor

What do you think?
Hi Augusta. Thank you for sharing this helpful information .We have to be very careful before we buy a health insurance. It is very important to study the plan we are going to choose because maybe the coverage of the specific plan is insufficient. If it is insufficient, there is no point in choosing this plan.