Social Media Common Pitfalls of Digital Marketing

Mika

VIP Contributor
I have experience with various digital marketing methods. Based on my experience, I am sharing some common pitfalls of digital marketing.

Social Media Marketing: Social Media marketing is one of the popular digital marketing methods. Social media marketing is marketing through various social sites, either through free methods or paid methods.

Search Engine Marketing: You target ads through keywords and if you are using competitive keywords, your ad might never appear on the search engine result page unless you are paying very high amount for each click.

Email Marketing: One of the biggest problems with email marketing is people send your emails to spam box or trash bin without even bothering to check the content. Another problem with email marketing is you need a really big email list to get started and building an email list is really difficult.

Last edited:

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Unfortunately, digital marketing is not so much popular in many countries. I live in an Asian country and most of the people in here are not much into digital marketing. In fact, most of the major companies are the ones that show advertisements on Youtube and we can say that they are using techniques that involve digital marketing. I believe that digital marketing still has a good future.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I had commented in another thread that I used email marketing for our office website. That was in 2004 when social media was not popular yet. But now I guess digital marketing is best to be done in social media. It is free and easy to promote your business. Stray emails or spamming emails will go directly to the spam folder now so it is not potent anymore.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
If anyone can know how to do digital marketing in this present age then he can successfully tell his more business to a very large one. Social media marketing has come to stay and a lot of people are you making use of it on daily basis to market their product. One beautiful thing about social media is that you don't really need to pay anything as far as you can sacrifice the time to grow your profile.

Setho

VIP Contributor
One of the mistakes that I have seen a lot of people make whenever they are trying to run social media advertisement is that they think advertising on only one network is enough. While in most cases it might be it is of your advantage to try to diverse your social media campaigns.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I have tied marketing websites, apps, ecommerce stores, affiliate products, blog content, video content, etc. through different kinds of digital marketing channels. However, I find Search Engine Marketing very effective for digital marketers. Search Engine marketing means running ads on various search engines so that your content/product appears on the paid search list (in the ad section of the search engine result page).

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
My experience with email marketing was not very good. I have no experience with search engine marketing. I am basically a social media marketer, I market products, services, events, and businesses through my Facebook page and Instagram account. I am also thinking to build audience on Twitter and start marketing on Twitter.