Saving Money Condition where saving is better than investing.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
Investment is often said to be the only way through which money multiplies , and we all know that this is very true because it helps you to be able to generate profits much more than you will be able to do if you are only saving me the money .

The fact is that they are both very advantageous aspect of finance that nobody ought to take them for granted at all , because they are all ways through which people have to sustain myself and secure the future for themselves and their family members including their friends were necessary

The major difference between the two is the fact that saving money is like a safer way, because it does not involve you taking a lot of risks like when you are considering investment .

People who are investing usually go the extra mile of taking big risks so that they will get better profit than their counterparts in the saving sector who are only getting little return .

In this topic , I want us to consider the condition that makes saving much more better than Investing .

Investment usually is very very risky and then you are likely to lose your money to some certain things that may occur in the business and investment sectors .

This is why I think that saving is a much more reliable way of handling your money , because it gives you so much peace , because you are sure that nothing will happen to your money , unlike investment where you can lose the money to something else

What about you, which reason do you think makes saving much more important than investing ?

Kendy

Verified member
To set the records straight, inasmuch as everything has its merits and demerits but when it comes to savings and investment, the act of investing has an upper hand compared to saving. The advantage of savings is little or zero risk chances of loosing your money. Prior to this time, I never knew the right avenue to invest my money. With my limited thoughts, I was busy dishing out my money to fraudsters all in the name of Ponzi schemes and hyips but with time, I realized that there are other investments both offline and online. If I had the finances today, I would invest in real estate properties, where I would purchase an arid of lands in the sub-rural areas and i would begin cultivating on the land.

There is so much profits in farming and agricultural produce especially if the location is free from insecurity, threats and environmental hazards. The act of saving is commendable but if it is done solely without an aim, then an emergency situation can arise and the whole savings would be long gone but when investing, there will always be something to fall back on. The best condition where saving supersedes investment is zero risk chances of loosing your money.

Mika

VIP Contributor
When you save money on interest-bearing accounts you might be able to profit just about 5-10 percent, however, in order to grow your money, you need to invest. Investment is the only way you can build your net worth. However, investment is not for everyone, and investment does not give you a guaranteed return. For example, you invested $1000 to buy stocks from a certain company and a year later the company filed for bankruptcy. Your $1000 investment will be zero in value. Well, this is a rare case scenario, however, losing in investment is very common, for example, the value of your shares might go down and your $1000 might become $500. Contrarily, if you had saved $1000 in a fixed deposit account with a 12 percent interest rate for one year you will earn a guaranteed $120 from your $1000 and you will still have principle with you.
Investment is also not for people who cannot afford to lose money. For instance, if $1000 is all you have you can not take any risk to invest this amount. Likewise, if you are in old age, you also should avoid investing because when you lose your investment, you will have difficulty in paying bills.

Dora Wi

Saving money instead of investing has the advantage that it gives you an easily accessible sum of money that you can use if an unexpected expense emerges. If you have the means, though, I think it is best to have some money as savings and use another part for investing.

E

eldavis

Saving and investing have their own personal advantage and of cause disadvantage. Personally I think the best way to have the best of both is when you actually do both. Like I have said before, there is no law that stops you form having both, while saving, you can have a little investmet set aside to bring you side income along the way.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
Though the act of saving money is important , it is important that we also know that our money that we are serving on high commercial and security based financial institutions will not grow there . rather for it to grow and make more money we need to invest . Sometimes it is very hard and an easy for us to find a accurate risk-free investment to plunge and invest our hard-earned money to breed out more money . so in the absence of this , it is important we continue to save until a risk-free investment shows up .

Another situation where it is advised to save our money rather than investing is when our money has not reach a considerable amount of capital to invest , although there are some available investment opportunities in the world today it is important that we take our time to consider this investment opportunities carefully examine them whether they are legit and not scamming in nature , before thinking of investing our had any money in them . Money is a very important to and must be used wisely and sensibly . It will be a bad idea if we just invest our money in any investment that comes our way without conducting a feasibility study about it .

Augusta

VIP Contributor
You are right to an extent , I know we most times want to have our safe haven to avoid getting our . monies dump some very risky ventures but the truth is that if you don't venture you can't win as well.Millionaires today didn't just save their money to become the millionaires they are, they invested their money. The truth is that bank interest even after some number of years surprisingly is always low

Unless one just need to save for future use I don't think it is ideal to save money and believe to be rich. but if you are not good with business then your best bet will be save to avoid involving in a risk that you wouldn't be able to get out.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
Different people have different ideas on Savings and investments . Majorly, Savings is best considered by some people as the best while some people wants investments. People who are willing to save their money are not willing to take any risk whatsoever. They believed that the risk that is involved in investment is very enormous and it required lots of hardwork and perseverance. All of these is what these sets of people are not willing to comply with. You will noticed that the people that falls in this school of thought are often not wealthy. You cannot be wealthy with such practice.

On the other hand, investments will lift you out of penury. You will be able to make good money for yourself and live a comfortable life. Attaining financial independent, you will need to put so many things into consideration. You need to take risk by investing. Jeff Bezos tool the risk of establishing Amazon. He never knew that the company would be this big. Elon Musk, the centibillionaire and the richest man in the world took the risk of investing heavily on bitcoin and he reaps the profit bountifully. Bitcoin is speculative market, yet he decided to take a big risk and it played out well for him.

Rachael

Verified member
There are many cases where saving money has been more relevant than savings. No doubt, there is this common adage that life is a risk and this has made many indulge in sites that are fraudulent and most of the time, those that makes use of this adage are really the scammers who are out to tilt the minds of users to invest. I have been prone to scam sites so much that I have lost count and in all the risks I took, I was never fortunate to get more money from it.

Presently, I can never invest in any online site no matter how feasible it may seem, even if it is owned by my blood relative or someone close to me, I would just excuse myself because most people are just out to exploit people. All the undesirable experiences has made me to decide not to invest offline, rather, I prefer investing in real estate, where I have direct control of my property and my investment. Saving money in the bank has been a lot more useful to me, because even though there is no interest attached, but my money is safer and it gives me peace of mind.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Saving and investment are really great methods of using your money well. Saving involves just letting your money sit in an account while investing involves letting the money multiply by buying an asset that appreciates or by doing something that brings you profits. Whichever one you choose, you will be able to avoid spending your money unnecessarily.

Saving is safer than investment because there is no risk involved. Especially since most saving accounts are good and no one can steal your money easily. But in investment, you may loose your money to it. This is because there are so many investment sites and methods that are scams.

But the good thing with investment is that it brings you profits. Meaning that you won't just get the amount you saved, you will get it with some more money. Unlike saving where you will get just the amount you saved. So you can look for legit investment platforms and invest in them.

Personally, I would like to get into investment a lot. I love it because it ensures me a good source of passive income. Though I will have to learn cryptocurrency trading skills as that is one of the most legit investment methods that I am interested in right now.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
I don't even see any reason why saving should be more important than investment , but both of them is needed in different areas because if we are to consider Investment, it is among one of the best way of saving money for long-term purposes , because at least if you are investing your money you'll be able to earn some interest on your investment , whereas this is not likely be possible if you are investing your money. That's why so many people do not really see the need for them to be investing their money in something that won't really be profitable to them.

Generally if I am to save my money, I will only consider saving when I understand I need the money to use for something immediately ,and as I have come to understand the function of investment through some online platform like trendri, I believe investing money in profitable ventures such as cryptocurrency and real estate is among one of the best way of securing your future and so many people do not see the need because they just consider most of this investment as a risky venture that they might lose their money , but this is not always true except you're not doing the right investment.

Shigobad2020

Though I prefer investing my money into a business that will keeps more money coming for me but truth be told sometimes and in some aspect, there are many reasons why savings is better than investment .

The first reason is that with savings , though your money might remain stagnant but it will be safer th a investing , because during a course of investment , you might stumble into a scam investment site and you might loose everything on the long run.

Another reason why saving is better than saving is that investment is a huge risk in life and its a gamble in which you only have 50 / 50 chances of making profit or loosing the investment . But in my own opinion I prefer investing my money if I have a spare money i can afford to loose in order to make more money rather than leaving my money stagnant in a place.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
There is nothing wrong with you saving your money , but just that I do not like the idea of saving money because if you're saving money , your money will not even generate anything to you at the end of the month, and besides saving is not even the best option especially if you are considering keeping your money for a very long time .

You could say investment may be risky but yet I consider it to be among one of the best way money can be secured for long-time purposes . If you are investing in things like real estate , the risk of losing your money is very low provided you have followed all the natural process needed to invest in real estate successfully..

So many people do not like real estate investment , it is advised that we do things we are very comfortable and we believe are suitable for us.