Finance Coping with entitled family members.

Ummigal

Family members are we were we are related mostly by flood. Family members are very important to us. However when it comes to business some family members can be very annoying. Some family members seem to be on a mission touring a business period offer them a service and just because they're a family member of yours they delayed payment and when you talk they start saying that you are not considerate and understanding any even attempt to make you feel like a bad person. I don't really blame those people who don't offer services to their family members even if they're willing to pay for it. Have anyone of you experienced this before? It seems to be very much come on.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
There is need for a serious business person to draw a line between family and business. It is not family member that are ready to make sure the business prospers, some just want to see the end of the family. I won't give any preferential treatment to family member when I start my business.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
This is one of the most annoying thing in business. Some family members can feel so entitled and will take things from your shop without paying. Personally, I think a business person should stand firm and revoke this behaviour. If you don't stop them early, they might even cause you to go bankrupt.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Definitely, a lot of people have experienced this from their family members. If I start a business definitely I will not be doing any business with my family member. Some family members are very reluctant to pay you your money for your services. Such behaviour is a big blow to your business.