Could Employment Be A Bribe To Forfeit One's Dreams?

Vinkce

Sometime time ago, I heard this somewhere that a salary is a bribe given to a person to forfeit his dreams. As outstanding as that statement sounds it still keeps me thinking, could this be true? It may sound true when you think of it. Consider this scenario: a person with a dream may be tempted to forfeit it when he is made an offer of a job with an attractive salary. He may not be forfeiting his ambition at the moment when he takes the offer of the job, but as time goes on, the comfort the job's salary could overwhelm him and soon, he would forget his dreams. This is the point where we would say that a job could be a bribe for which one would forfeit his dreams. This is my opinion, I thought that I could share... More opinions needed, please say in the comment section below.

Josemendez

Verified member
This depends on how a person wants to take the employment . There are people that will first have to work under someone for the purpose of getting knowledge , money and other reason before pursing their dream business . There are also people that will be overtaken by the job ,and they end up forgetting their dream job.

It is a question of being focussed on the dream business. If one is focussed on the business , no amount of money can make him forget his dream job.