Health Insurance Covid-19 Insurance Policy

Mika

VIP Contributor
When the first case of Covid-19 appeared in my home country, the government asked the insurance companies to sell Covid-19 insurance plans.

Insurance companies introduced two different kinds of Covid-19 insurance policies: one, the insured amount of $500 for the premium of $5; two, the insured amount of $1000 for the premium of $10. Both of these policies had a term of one year. The policies also offered discounted prices if you were insuring 4 or more individuals. This offer was to encourage more people to get insured, for instance, you could insure your entire family, or all of your staff, for a discounted price. When you choose the group insurance option, you could get coverage of $500 for just $3 and coverage of $1000 for $6.

Do you have any insurance policy for Covid-19 in your country? What kind of Covid-19 insurance policies is being sold in your country?

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
I don’t think there is any insurance policy in my country or probably some citizens are excluded because I don’t think equal human rights works for effectively in my country.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
In India, I don't know if there was any plan even from government companies, simple health plans were there. An insurance for a pandemic isn't bad, but when lots of people will fall ill, then companies will bear the cost. Nepal have cheap insurance policies and discount too, this is good.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
Currently, there are actually no insurance sold yet and this is because the effect of the pandemic is not felt much in the country so we did not see any much need for the insurance yet and I do not think there will be any much talk about insurance anytime soon.

Setho

VIP Contributor
This is actually the first time that I am seeing a covid 19 targeted insurance cover but I must comment that this is actually a good thing . The covid 19 pandemic in general did not actually press the around here and I think this is the reason why we are yet to see things like this.

Nite

Valued Contributor
I'm also reading this for the first time, about Covid-19 insurance plan. Here there were just the normal insurance plans that people had invested in to cover up the hospitalisation expenses. But a seperate Covid-19 insurance plan sounds good for the whole family to get insured in case of any emergency.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I am not aware of the insurance against covid but I guess that is a good topic to discuss. Most of the patients I know who survived (or not) with covid had spent millions of pesos (that's at least $20,000). My grade school classmate who is a middle class was asking for donations when he was in the hospital for covid. Fortunately he go well. He said that the hospital expenses would kill him.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
I think during the pandemic many were insuring their life against any health risk and it was mostly the doctors ,so the public insurance company in my country were doing their job of collecting premium in bonus then offering service to the insurer , but it wasn't easy then since there was lockdown and others

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I really love the package that your country provided by making sure that almost everybody get insured through this affordable insurance policy. In my country, they don't even have any plan for anybody during the covid 19 pandemic. It was only small set of people that benefitted from the small plan that government put in place.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
I really love the package that your country provided by making sure that almost everybody get insured through this affordable insurance policy. In my country, they don't even have any plan for anybody during the covid 19 pandemic. It was only small set of people that benefitted from the small plan that government put in place.
Same in my country because the government actually separated a specific amount of money to be used by to cover the expenses and insure the doctors working , but the funds were mismanaged only the private doctors where able to do their best and put things in place too

Mika

VIP Contributor
I think the introduction of the Covid insurance policy has become a complete failure in my home country because covid cases took the whole country by surprise as hundreds of thousands of people were tested with Covid, causing the insurance companies to bear huge liabilities. Now, the insurance companies want government to bear the cost.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I have health insurance policy, and this policy provides coverage against all kinds of diseases and medical conditions. I can not only get covered for regular check up but also against seasonal disease like Covid ot even cancer. You will have to check the policy and see what is being covered before you buy.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
That was actually nothing of this nature in my country. Covid 19 insurance can go a very long way in helping people to combat the dreaded disease. the Corona virus pandemic really cost a lot of damage is too many countries both economically and health wise. having a proper insurance will definitely be of great help.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Despite the vaccination drive in many countries, Corona Virus is still affecting a lot of people and a lot of people are still dying. Therefore, it is wise to buy an insurance policy that provides coverage for the corona virus. I think health insurance policies have that offer but you need to check the terms before you buy the policy.