Crypto Investment Vs. Investing in Share Market

Mika

VIP Contributor
In 2017, if I had not spent my Bitcoin, I would have almost $900 with of Bitcoin (when the value of Bitcoin was $900). When I converted my bitcoins to fiat currency, I did not always use them to pay bills, I also invested in shares. In 2018, I bought $500 worth of shares. The current value of those shares is just about $1500, however, if I had not converted my bitcoin to fiat currency and if had held at least $500 worth (0.5 BTC) on my coinbase account, my bitcoin would be $17K by now (based on the current bitcoin price).

It was probably 2017 when I heard about Ethereum. Back then the price of 1 ETHr was $12. I was earning well back then and had some spare money. I was looking forward t invest in something that would give me good profits. I could have easily bought 20 ETH if I had wanted. Sadly, I was not very serious about Ethereum,

Last edited:

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I'm somewhat experienced around crypto but not in stock & shares. I have not taken my time to learn how stocks & shares work. I know it works similar to any other type of investment. But it differs in features. I understand how to buy, sell, holdl, and trade crypto but i can't place an investment on a particular commodity via stock & shares. Had it been you knew about the potential in crypto @Mika you would've been a crypto millionaire today.

Mika

VIP Contributor
It feels good to hear that I could have become a millionaire. However, it ultimately saddens me to understand how fool I was. I can still invest in cryptos and benefit from crypto investment. However, my necessities have increased and I cannot invest even when I want to. Investment in shares works just like crypto investments. You go to the security exchange and trade or invest in shares.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Laughs. You aren't a fool for that, that's why we are humans. We can't predict the future correct, we only take risk based on what our instinct tells us. If you watch back then when cryoto was around $5,000 in 2016 not everyone took advantage of it to invest and allowed it long time. They still had that fear factor like you and I. Which broker will i use to buy and holdl stocks??

Samuel72

Verified member
Cryptocurrency investment and share investment are somehow the saying the fact is just that share investment is done in the marketplace but cryptocurrency investment can be done online you can use your app on your phone for cryptocurrency investment or your laptop. shares investment is also physical to everyone but cryptocurrency investment is digital and online.

arunima25

Verified member
As far as my understanding goes they both are so much similar and still so different. One works in a virtual world while the other is in the physical marketplace. They both are volatile markets and one needs to have an appetite for risk to invest in them. Share investment involves investing in companies that really exist in the physical world while crypto investment involves something that is virtual and does not exist. And for both of them you need to have the patience and read the fluctuations well before taking a decision to hold, withdraw, sale or invest.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Thank you for sharing your experience in crypto investments. For me, having my money safely in the bank is paramount. I will only use the money to invest when the investment scheme is a sure-fire safe and money earner. Right now I don't see crypto as an option because all I read are positive experiences but for sure there are many who have lost money in crypto trading.

Setho

VIP Contributor
I have not really taking my time to learn about how to invest in stock and shares but at least I have a little knowledge about cryptocurrency. My experience and yours is almost similar because we both had the opportunities to buy cryptocurrencies when they were a lot cheaper than they are now.

Mika

VIP Contributor
When I received Bitcoin for the first time, it was $400. I received $100 worth of Bitcoin in 2016. Between 2016 and 2018, I received numerous payments in the form of Bitcoin. I used to convert my Bitcoin into fiat currency and use it for my bills and other expenses. I also invested money in the share market. If I had bought 20 ETH, I would have $60,000 now (based on current value). However, my $240 worth of shares has not even become $1000.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Crypto and shares, both are risky but both can make you rich. I have invested on cryptos as well as shares and my investments are not in loss but this does not mean I will continue to make profits from my investment because cryptos are volatile and share price depends on company's performance.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Buying cryptocurrencies when their prices are low and holding them until the prices goes high can earn you very good profits. Those people who bought etherium and bitcoin when the prices were low have benefited alot. Most of them just become millionaires within a short period of time. Crypto Currencies are really a good investment option.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Yes, Crypto Currencies are really a good investment option, but the question is can we still benefit from crypto currencies? I mean look at the Bitcoin and Ethereum prices, they are insanely high and most of us cannot make any investment. Another important question that needs to be addressed is can we trust other coins?

Mika

VIP Contributor
Crypto and shares both are very volatile markets, however, investing in the share market is considered safer compared to investing in crypto currencies. That's because when you invest in the share market, what you are actually doing is investing in real companies. Before these companies are listed on exchanges, they get approval from the security board, you can see the company's performance, and everything is real. However, when you invest in cryptocurrency, you actually don't know where you are putting your money because everything is virtual. Secondly, the creators of these cryptos also hide their identity and cannot be booked for a fraud case.