Real estate Crypto vs real estate investment, what's your best pick?

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Both cryptocurrency and real estate investment are pretty much beneficial type of investment long term, for any investor with basic knowledge in any of them. Real estate like housing, land may come with lower risk, but their is no underestimation what cryptocurrency can offer too, even if it's more risky to real estate investment.

Lots of people find peace owning real estate property, due to its benefits that is unending. It has much more ups than lows, that's why you see many dreaming to have estate housing apartments in a developed settlement. I love cryptocurrency because I can invest with the little amount I have, such can't be said around real estate property. You need much more money to set up catchy real estate project offline, but in cryptocurrency investment, you can even start with a cent ($0.01). I am not trying to offer 'pros and 'cons between them, but I'm saying base on reality.

If you're given an option to choose, base on your current worth, which one will you go for?

btaliat

VIP Contributor
First of all, the two schemes may seem incomparable since one is offline and the other is online. But for the sake of this topic, I will go for the crypto because of the following reason.

The volatility of crypto cannnot be compared with the appreciation of land. A crypto that's worth a cent now can worth more than $5 in that same day while you must wait a while before your land appreciates to somestsge that will pay you.

Another reason is that it is easier to start a crypto investment. You don't need much money. To be a trader for instance, you need just $10 which if well utilized can give you more than $100 depending on the coins and the experience of the traders.

Crypto does instill some behaviour into its users. Hardly will you see a crypto trader that's not time conscious, good in decision-making and know how to mitigate risks. There is no much skill a real investment wants to instill in you except at least patience

Having said this, real estate management is one for tue offline businesses to be considered if there is enough resoruces for it.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I am not interested in crypto because I do not agree with its nature. Compared with real estate the property is real and not an imaginary digital merchandise. Even with stocks, they are for real because stocks are shares of ownership of a corporation. That means as long as the corporation is operating with profit then the stocks are good. The downside of the real estate is when you need cash immediately. It would take time because it is not easy to sell a property. There are procedures to follow like the buyer has to see the property and he also has to check the ownership. Upon the sale the money is not that easy because you have to pay the capital gains tax.

Anyway, the crypto is similar to the stocks that is easy to sell. When you need money today you can sell your crypto holdings and have the cash by tomorrow. That is also the mechanics of the stocks. Within 3 days you can get the money when the shares you offered for sale was bought. Between crypto and stocks, you already know my choice but I am not demeaning the crypto because I know it is a big industry already.

Shaf

Verified member
I've had the chance to experience both, and I would say that both are great ways especially for someone who wants to earn passive income.

If you want short term gains, real estate is not it, it's a slow but sure means of investing. It takes time to get enough capital and time for it to appreciate in value. It's also less liquid when compared to cryptocurrency so you can't easily convert to fiat. The greatest advantage is stability and minimum risk it has.

Cryptocurrency on the other hand is so volatile, new and uncontrollable that you can lose your capital fast.

It has more liquidity, with potential gains that sometimes seem unreal but are true.

I would go for a combination of both, using gains from cryptocurrency to invest further into real estate.

Kendy

Verified member
Personally, both cryptocurrencies trading and real estate investment are lucrative or profitable but in a scenario where I am to pick one or make a choice over another, I would always opt for real estate investment. The reasons I choose real estate investment is because, the risk is not unbearable as when we compare it to cryptocurrency trading and also, you can manage your risks by ensuring that you conduct all the necessary checks before buying of lands or houses. The location must be given topmost priority, ensure the land being purchased is free from environmental chaos and does not belong to the government. Also, you need to ensure that all the documents from the original owner are legal and verifiable which includes the Right of Ownership and the Certificate of Occupancy. You need to establish that the houses you purchase has worth or value incase you want to resale in the future. In addition, even though you purchase a house, and you are uncomfortable with the design or structures, you can always choose to remodel it to your best preference. In cryptocurrency trading, you do not really have control over your investments especially with the incessant fluctuations of prices of coins.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
First of all, the two schemes may seem incomparable since one is offline and the other is online. But for the sake of this topic, I will go for the crypto because of the following reason.

The volatility of crypto cannnot be compared with the appreciation of land. A crypto that's worth a cent now can worth more than $5 in that same day while you must wait a while before your land appreciates to somestsge that will pay you.

Another reason is that it is easier to start a crypto investment. You don't need much money. To be a trader for instance, you need just $10 which if well utilized can give you more than $100 depending on the coins and the experience of the traders.

Crypto does instill some behaviour into its users. Hardly will you see a crypto trader that's not time conscious, good in decision-making and know how to mitigate risks. There is no much skill a real investment wants to instill in you except at least patience

Having said this, real estate management is one for tue offline businesses to be considered if there is enough resoruces for it.
Crypto can be operated with some amount of money, even $1 can simply do you at the starting of crypto trading. But, such isn't possible when it comes to investment around real estate. No one is dispersing that real estate isn't income generating or isn't worth it. But such isn't for everyone, when you don't have some reasonable amount of money, you wouldn't own a real estate.

You must have substantial amount of money to operate a real estate investment, not everyone can afford it, that's why crypto got the full vote from me, if I am to vote for the preferred option.

If I have much of the funds, I wouldn't hesitate to go into real estate investment, because I know about it's unending benefits that comes at ease, provided your property is at a marketable position.

HayKay

I'll choose the both. Might sound greedy but the truth is both are investment vehicles that if the right projects are properly sourced and tapped into, you'll smile a lot.
Crypto currency has lots of assets with potential to rise in value in the nearest future if you can buy and patiently hold them; the real estate sector is a never depreciating one - always on the up and up. That's why I conclude that both are great ways to invest and build wealth.
Though real estate might be costlier, I can choose to start with cryptocurrency first.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
To be candid both are very good, and both has their unique advantages and disadvantages. I would have preferred to dwell having the real estate project but the challenge there is it requires a very huge capital to maintain and run a such a business outfit. The reason for my preference is simple, it is simply because it has a very stable and steady returns and it is so handy that you can easily pass it down from one generation to the next. I personal know alot of families today who are living off such kind of family property or business today and it was passed down to them by their grand parents. So owning a real estate will certainly give me that advantage and it also requires very little input in terms of the maintenance cost as the buildings will not require a kind of daily expenses. But crypto currency on the other hand does not involve a very huge capital input and if one really understand the systems on howmit operate correct such a person will make a fortune out of it, so I will go for crypto due to financial constraints in starting up a real estate.

Suba

Staff member
For me it would be very difficult to compare crypto with real estate, even though I am a crypto investor not a real estate investor. Both have their own advantages and disadvantages, but based on current financial capabilities, I tend to choose crypto because crypto can be purchased in fractions (not whole, for example 1 btc), while investing in real estate will require large capital, and cannot be purchased. in fractions

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I believe that both real estate business and cryptocurrency trading are one of the best ways to make money. I think that there are many benefits of investing money in the real estate business. However, there are many disadvantages, too first of all, the real estate market is a kind of market that demands the investor to invest a huge amount of money. This is not the case when it comes to the cryptocurrency market. You can even invest $10 in the cryptocurrency trading. The problem with cryptocurrency market is that it crashed continuously, but this is actually beneficial for the investor. The crash of the cryptocurrency market allows the investors to buy the dip.

When the market surges, the investor makes profits. This aspect of the cryptocurrency market makes it much better than the real estate business. The problem is that it can also be bad if the market never recovered and it could prove to be a double-edged sword for many investors. This is why many investors always buy popular and well-known coins like bitcoin. Real Estate investments are also goo, but they depend on the location of the property and the conditions of the country as well. If I had to pick one, then I would definitely pick cryptocurrency trading.

Rachael

Verified member
Without even thinking twice, I would pick real estate investment over and over because I presume the risks can be managed. Real estate investment has its own risks but they are not as consuming as crypto investment. In trading online, to a greater extent, the control of the market is not in your hands or capability but in real estate investment, the case is different because you can always control how you want to utilize the investment. In crypto investment, high skills, strategies and technicalities is required but in real estate investment, there is no such thing as skill acquisition, all you need do is carry out some personal research or better still the process is much more easier if handed over to a real estate company.

Real estate investment offers the chance to diversify into whatever investment you want to use it for. It could be useful for; rental services, lease, agricultural activities, building and renting it out for tenancy. Crypto currency investment is coupled with lot of fluctuations in the market price and this could make your money to depreciate within a twinkle of a eye. However, it could also make the same money to skyrocket but the risks cannot to a greater extent be controlled. It could lead to depression and psychological imbalance.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I think this is a bad comparison. How can you compare a crypto investment with a real estate investment? Comparison becomes convincing only when the things that are being compared are related. You can compare real estate with share investment, but I do not think you can compare the crypto market with the real estate market. Crypto is not even an investment choice in a lot of countries. Only a few cryptocurrencies enjoy institutional investors. The only advantage that crypto has over real estate is the amount needed for investment. You can start investing with $10 but in order to invest in real estate, you need hundreds of thousand of dollars.

Shigobad2020

Though both real estate and crypto currency business and investment are good because it bring more money but real estate business and investment will always be fetching you money daily and yearly till the end of time but when you invest in crypto currency, though if it rises and you get lucky , you will make huge amount of money from it , but it depends on the volatility of the market which decided if the coin will increase or decreases , and moreover you can definitely loose everything if care is not taken , if the market falls .and it also depends on the actual coin you are investing on because we have over five thousand different types of crypto currency.

The reason why i prefer real estate business to crypto currency is because it brings you more income every day or every month or yearly depending on how you want it ,
If you build your estate in an urban area , where there are many people in a busy area , the business will continue to be more lucrative as the population increases .

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Both of them are nice investment as I understand because cryptocurrency could generate more profits to people that invested earlier than those that are investing now. Apart from that there are so many things I have to put into consideration before deciding the best investment opportunities for me..

One of the advantage of cryptocurrency is that it can be done with a smaller capital for a start and one of the greatest disadvantage of cryptocurrency is the high volatility , in this case anything can happen within a short period of time that can have a huge influence in your cryptocurrency assets.

If I have enough money definitely I will go for real estate investment , that is the most suitable one for me now because the value of your asset keep on increasing almost on a daily basis depending on the location you invested.

Even though cryptocurrency may be nice but its future is not hundred percent clear.