Crypto Cryptocurrency Users Reach an Unprecedented Number

According to a new report, as of June 2021 the total number of people who use cryptocurrencies has surged to 221 million and at the moment it is surpassing that number. In comparison, in December 2020 that number was 106 million, i.e. the number of people who use crypto assets has more than doubled in just six months.

According to the same report, the main driving force behind this immense interest in cryptos is Bitcoin. People adopted cryptos back in January and February mainly because of the rising interest in Bitcoin. That said, in May 2021 the interest in various altcoins has increased exponentially.

Interest in Ethereum has increased immensely too. That happened because of the growth of demand, which in turn was started by institutional and retail Ethereum adoption. Ethereum is the second most popular cryptocurrency on the market, but still quite behind Bitcoin.

The crypto market cap also jumped immensely for the past six months. In December 2020 it was 700 billion US dollars, this May it had spiked to 2.5 trillion.
Source
Bitcoin's impressive rally at the beginning of the year had this effect on the industry, I have little doubt about it. The question is, I think, how long it will last.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
This is because no one wants to be left behind as so many people may have seen their friends or family members who made so much money from crypto currencies and this promoted them into giving crypto currencies a trial to see if they too would be able to make money.

minenovo

This is because no one wants to be left behind as so many people may have seen their friends or family members who made so much money from crypto currencies and this promoted them into giving crypto currencies a trial to see if they too would be able to make money.
I agree. The more popular it gets, the more popular it gets. I think this is a pretty great thing!

Mika

VIP Contributor
So, 221 million around the world are using crypto currency, either as a payment form or as an asset for investment? That is really a huge number. Recently, I read a report that said the market size of crypto currency is 2 trillion, and this is also a very big number.

minenovo

So, 221 million around the world are using crypto currency, either as a payment form or as an asset for investment? That is really a huge number. Recently, I read a report that said the market size of crypto currency is 2 trillion, and this is also a very big number.
And that number is ever increasing, it's really impressive how far cryptocurrencies have come in the past year.