Dealing with rude and frustrating customers

Thosynho

Have you experienced how some customers are very rude and frustrating? There is this saying that customers are always right and you wonder is this statement true? So whatever customers do is right? I like to analyze some reasons why some customers are rude to business owners.
1. When the business owner is small in stature. Some customers look down on entrepreneurs who are having small stature as apprentice.
2. The way the business owner appears or dresses. When you appear unkempt, customers may address you anyhow.
3. Some customers are uncourtesy and naturally rude due to poor upbringing.

Georgeadawara

There are many ways to deal with rude and frustrated customer
1: don't reply to them well they are talking
2: always be nice to them at any condition
3:it possible apologize to them
4: listen to tthem appropriately.

Maks25

Because of the statement 'customers are always right' na they make most people they misbehave when them patronise your business. That statement should be abolished. Because some customers are just darn right stupid and annoying.The most annoying part of it is when they flaunt that " I am the customer attitude" right in your face..... So damn irritating. Then , jst to make a few bucks, you go ahead and swallow your pride.....

Peppul

There are so many ways to deal with rude and frustrating customers.
1. Always be calm when talking to them.
2. Don't argue with then.
3. Don't fight fire with fire.
4. Don't take it personally.
5. Use your best listening skill when talking with them.
6. Actively sympathize with them.
7. Always apologize gracefully when talking with them.
8. Find a solution to their complain if they are right.
9. Take a few minutes on your own to reflect on what happened.

Ralphjoe

Some customers can be so damn rude,don't have courtesy neither do they have decorum. They razz and lousy in all manner of ways. It is true that customers are King but it's not in all situations, there are some customers that are not ok upstairs those kinds of customers should be treated in the same manner in which they deserve.
In my organisation where I work, we had a customer like that that came to work to patronize us, on getting into the office, she started shouting and quarreling, calling everybody fool and my manager told us to put her out of the office. This is how customers like this are to be treated and nothing else.

Donkiz

There are lots of reasons why customers can be rude, some customers thinks that the fact that it was said that customers are always right means that they can do or say anything to any employee of any business and get away with it.

I witnessed a scene where a customer was displaying a very unruly behavior in a store and refused to listen to anyone, and was busy insulting the workers there. When the manager of the store told her to stop shouting on his employees, she said that as a customer she has the right to talk to any employee as she likes.

So there are some people that are like that, while others are as a result of poor upbringing, lack of manners, and the habit of feeling so much of oneself while looking down on others.

IamDozzy

This reminds me of when I was much younger, I worked in a restaurant and had to attend to various kinds of customers ranging from the drunk ones, the I'll mannered ones, the impatient ones and the outrightly annoying ones. I didn't even last one week on the job, I resigned due to the unruly nature of the customers as the made my work very stressful. But if you are the owner of the business, you should find a way around it after all “a customer is always right”.

Segshowee

Have you experienced how some customers are very rude and frustrating? There is this saying that customers are always right and you wonder is this statement true? So whatever customers do is right? I like to analyze some reasons why some customers are rude to business owners.
1. When the business owner is small in stature. Some customers look down on entrepreneurs who are having small stature as apprentice.
2. The way the business owner appears or dresses. When you appear unkempt, customers may address you anyhow.
The reason for a business is to add value by meeting people's demand. A saying goes does"Customers are the kings in the business world. Under no circumstance should retaliate violently to their rude behaviors.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Truely some customers are very rude and if care is not taken you will fight them.
As a good business man you need to be very careful in dealing with customers.
To be able to win the heart of such a customers you need to have self control.
Secondly,you must be able to tolerate people and know that we can not be the same in character.
Always admitted that you are wrong and your customers is right. By so doing you will be able to win the heart of such a customer.

D

Deleted member 28873

Facing an abusive customer can be a frightening
experience.
If someone you're trying to serve resorts to rudeness, it
can be difficult to know how to react. Even if you deal
with customers and clients on a regular basis, a burst of
hostility can come as a shock, and you can quickly find
yourself in a difficult position.
How do you manage your own feelings, so that you calm
the situation and start looking for a solution? When do
you make concessions, and when should you refuse to
budge? Afterward,
Stay Calm, Don't React
The first thing to do is to remain calm and not respond
in kind. If you're faced with an unexpected verbal attack, a
natural defense mechanism is to "bite back." The UBC
research suggests that rude customers "can violate an
employee's sense of dignity and respect, and trigger
negative emotions that can motivate employees to react
negatively."
So avoid "fighting fire with fire." And be tactful , or you
risk inflaming the situation further. Something as simple as
taking some deep breaths will give you a vital few
seconds to gather your thoughts and avoid retaliating in a
way that might lead to you being viewed as the aggressor.
Staying calm will also help you to stay alert to your
customer's behavior – which may deteriorate, whatever
your response is. If that happens, it may be time to step
away from the situation and contact a colleague for help.

Ummigal

I have add an experience with the third point. Some customers can be rude and many times I have found my self raising my voices at some of them. I have really tried to control my temper and simply resorted to simply dropping the phone on the table when they start ranting. When I notice a pause in the diatribe, I pick up the phone again and continue pleasantly "I sincerely apologise for the inconveniences". If I don't do this, I might get so irritated that I would start exchanging words with them which is very unprofessional.

Makah

I have had a lot of experience with customers and I now understand them alot after lots of grunt
One is you have to always be respectful
Make sure you honour your customer and make sure to treat them well
Customer can sometimes make you so damn angry just make sure to control your angry
One of the experience I will never forget is the day a customer slapped me 4 times for something that didn't worth it
I was freaking speechless and I just had to cool down my anger and temper and life goes on

D

Deleted member 27583

So many of them always fo of their self ,because they believe they are the key to your success,so you must always stay calm and be politely when you attend to them...
I will always advice to stay calm when it comes to customer like that,and all we all need is to make profit in our business and you doing that no customers will always say something bad about you..
So I will tell anyone reading this now to always calm here or her self down when it comes to some kind of problematic customers,because we need them more in our business to grow more in life...
So please and please be more calm when it comes to customers issues they really want to make you mad...
They are not really happy with what they are buying but they need it more ..
I hope you understand what am trying to say here...
Customers is the key to successful business and we can't never do or anything without them ....