Difference Between Brand Ambassador and Influencer

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Hiring a brand ambassador and hiring an influencer marketer are two marketing tactics used by many businesses. Brand ambassador and influencer marketer, both promote the brand and the products, helps in sales, and build trust in the brand and products. However, there is a slight difference between brand ambassador and an influencer. If you have never been into marketing, these two marketing strategies might confuse you.

Brand Ambassadors build long term and relationship between the brand and consumers. They are geared towards developing brand loyalty.

Influencer marketers build short term relationship but they are more focused in generating sales.

Brand Ambassadors care about building a brand, they share brand ethos, where as influencers are more focused with sales campaigns, they build new customers.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I am not into marketing, therefore, I did not quite realize what makes influencers different from brand ambassadors. Thank you very much for this informative post. But don't you think the one that divides brand ambassadors and influencers most of the time blurs. For instance, the brand ambassadors promote as influencers and influencers become brand ambassadors.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
A Brand Ambassador is more expensive than an Influencer. The difference that I see is that the Influencer is hired to promote the business one time or several times while a Brand Ambassador is hired to attach his personality on the product or business. A celebrity who is a Brand Ambassador is like lending her popularity to the product.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
If you are hiring a celebrity, an actor, model, sportsperson, etc. you will have to pay a lot of money to these people. In most case brand ambassadors have a face value because they are public value. That's why hring brand ambassadors can be very costly. But you can also make brand ambassador to the influencer.