Health Insurance Disability income insurance

Phabbyfundz

In disability income insurance, a condition in which the insured is not totally disabled but is still unable to function as before the sickness or injury, and therefore suffers a reduction in income of at least the percentage typically 20 percent to 25 percent as specified in the disability income plan also known as partial disability.
Retention is the amount to be retained by an insurance company that is not insured. Retrospective rating is the method of permitting Fina premiums for a risks to be adjusted, subject to an agreed upon maximum and minimum limit based on actual loss experience. It I available to a large commercial insurance buyer. A health insurance policy beneficiary whose right to the policy proceeds can be canceled or reduced by the policy owner.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I do wonder who do take part in this kind of insurance policy. And what is their mission in taking part there. Why will somone that has had his productivity level reduced by some percent still opted for insurance policy. Where will the premium be coming from at least should be his concern

Nite

Valued Contributor
Disability income insurance is commonly offered by employers to their employees if they have high risk job, such as policeman, firefighter. And it's easier to qualify for a disability income insurance policy, if you're young and healthy. But as you age, the premiums increases, and the moment your health starts to go down, you may find it hard to qualify for it.

Good luck

Verified member
I think it should be part of life insurance because if anything happens along the line to the insurer the company should take the responsibility.though it depends on the premium the person is doing.Most company have this policy to see to the affairs of their workers.In case of accident,if something happens and cause disability,the insurance will be in charge of the bills

Chibson

VIP Contributor
This kind of insurance in it good for people working in police forces or the army as the case may be because they may sustain injury due to their work at some point in time. There are also some employers that offer this kind of insurance to their employees. Factory workers are also given this kind of insurance.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
This is not bad but I really do not think it is necessary to opt for this, judging by your write up. One could do this and still have to pay for the premium payments continuously, this doesn’t sound like it’s fair to me because someone that is disable deserves more benefits than to request money from him or her

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
The partial disability is what I don't get the insurance company would have still pay the full premium to the person insuring ,either there is partial function or not to cover the risk , because disability is stated in the deal and not partial or no partial ,it's confusing for me