Disadvantages of marrying a career woman?

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
In this context, I am considering a career woman to be someone who is so engrossed with activities that relate to her job much in a way that makes it impossible for her to make provision for having enough time for her family members especially her children .

Such people are usually having so much roles to carry out in their organisations and then tend to have a little time to offer for their family needs .

When factors like this are not considered before marriage it has potential of causing problems in the marriage that will make things really difficult .

Some of the disadvantages of getting into marriage with somebody who is much more involved in their professional or career goals than they would in their family affairs are:
- They won't have enough time for their children . This will now make it impossible for the children to know what it means to have a mother that can take care of them, and provide them with the basic necessities who is the father cannot do .

- The children may have to be taken care of by a house girl or boy who will definitely not be able to give them the kind of care that they need.

What is your opinion about this?

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Well I believe you , this will always happen in most cases because they will be so absorbed in a business that they will want to put their full concentration in their own personal business. Even though they will be so absorbed in the business probably they will have time in the evening to take care of the children but that is not enough when we considered a full and well organise family.

Nowadays parents should always try as much as possible to raise their own children on themselves to make sure that they are giving those children the best training because employing a maid to really help in this situation sometimes may not be the best because the person you are employing may not really know the right technique on how to raise this children.

In a modern family if a couple are all employed at once it will always be advisable for one to drop the employment and focus on the family, but this is mostly likely to be the woman because it is needed that a woman have to be at home to take care of the children until the children is mature enough to take care of themselves on basics thing.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I have been married to a career woman and I can agree that the main disadvantage is the time. When my wife was promoted as manager she would receive calls even after office hours that sometimes our dinner would be delayed by an hour or so. During our vacation trips there are times that she would also get some calls from the office. However, I have learned to adjust to such situation because the salary that my wife earns was more than enough for us. We were able to buy our own home and have nice cars (one for her and one for me). My point in this comment is that the disadvantages of being married to a career woman are obliterated by the many advantages. Even when I was working and I would have a petty issue with the traffic my wife would always urge me to retire. She prefers me to be convenient at home since she was the one providing the budget.

Caramelle

There are issues that are best talked about prior to the marriage and that includes finances and raising children. Most families require both parents to work in order to cope with the rising cost of living and the need to achieve financial security and better quality of life for the children and the family. Caring for the children and ensuring order in the house is a joint responsibility between couples. The decision to postpone one's career to personally care for a baby is easier to make if the family can still live comfortably on a single income. Where I live, it's quite common for women to be the breadwinner of their households. Many of them have to work abroad to support their family, leaving their children to the care of their husband or another adult relative. Yeah, there may be some advantages like all other things, but the advantages far outweigh the negatives.​

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Well, this is different strokes for different folks, I know a lot of men around me that even wants career women. I believe the era where women remain in the kitchen afrwr school is over. The economy isn't smiling so every one must work for a pay check. it is really important now.

but I agree that working a 9-5 Job for women isn't easy in the home front especially for cities that is crowded and one needs to get to work admist traffic as early as possible. The children in the home might not really suffered but might not get to see their mum as often as they would have wanted to see.

This also applies to the husband, the wife might not always be around to take care of his needs. This is why this should be discussed during courtship, it should be sorted out how the home and children would be taken care of as a working class or a career lady. All hands just have to be on deck to see that things still move smoothy at home.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Marrying a career woman has several disadvantages. These include:

-Lack of Emotional Support: A career woman is often on the go and does not have the time to provide support for her husband in the way that a housewife would. As the nature of their jobs is often demanding and stressful, many career women are unable to relax when they come home. This can cause them to be irritable and impatient, which makes it difficult for them to provide emotional support to their husbands.

-Lack of Attention: A career woman is likely to have numerous responsibilities outside of her job. This means that she will probably work long hours and be tired when she comes home, leaving little energy left for her husband or family. As well as this, if your wife’s job is very demanding, she might be forced to travel frequently, resulting in less time spent with you and your children.

-Financial Strain on Marriage: If your wife earns more than you do, some couples can find it difficult for their relationship to cope with this imbalance in income. It can also cause problems if your wife earns less than you; you may feel as though your wife is not pulling her weight financially in the marriage.

E

eldavis

The truth of the matter is that you where very much aware of how devoted she is to her career before getting married to her, I believe what both partners should do is make plans on how to run things. One thing about marriage is making things work. There is always a way to make things work, the only problem is one has to make the sacrifice. I think the major issue here is that none is willing to make the sacrifice.

Heartstrings

There are many disadvantages than the advantages, because the money you are so after, without even caring for your home and husband may end up not making use of it,I mean in terms of when death visit. Times have change and majority of men these days prefer a career woman but the bitter truth is,they will still go out to seek for other women when they have finally lose the total attention and affection of their woman,a woman has the right to work and earn her own money which can also assist the home with but then have plans In place so that you don't end up regretting it in the nearest future,yes I said so because I have witness a situation where a woman was lamenting on how her husband left her for another woman despite been in support of her career. So you see, whatever we do we should always consider the second party and not just about ourselves.