Disadvantages of Online Surveys for businesses

D

Deleted member 13140

So of course surveys have a lot of advantages which I also shared but it's not right to share advantages without taking a look at the disadvantage as well.

1. Online surveys are just that - Online.
Not everyone has access to the internet. If you're seeking to poll a wide range of people, an online survey alone may leave out the ideas and opinions of elderly demographics and rural dwellers. This happened in 1948, when telephone polls were utilized to poll voters for the presidential election, but researchers failed to understand that many people did not have access to telephones at the time.

2. Online Surveys are limited to few answers
Closed-ended questions, in which the respondent has no choice but to select an answer or "not relevant" or "other," are common in surveys. While they make surveys easier to analyze, they may have a lower validity rate than other types of questions (you can, of course, create surveys with open-ended questions).

3. Fake Answers To Important Market Research analysis
The most serious disadvantage of an online survey is survey fraud. There are persons who take online surveys just for the purpose of receiving the money and atimes they don't even give out the real information needed I know this because when I was desperate to earn from surveys I did answer questions based on what they wanted to hear not the truth

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Yes it is not everyone that can be able to access the Online system to takes these surveys but at the same time companies that are organising this may not even have all the required money that is needed to pay every members of the world if they are to participate and answer all these questions for the main purpose of earning.

In most cases a certain company that is interested to carry out the survey for whatever reason will only need a certain people and not really a thousands of people because the challenges of organising all of it

I believe it is possible for people to give out fake answers to questions that are being asked , a lot of them will be doing it for the main purpose of earning and they're not really interested to provide genuine answers to the questions that are being asked , some people might even believe that some of the questions are too personal and they may not be able to answer it in public..

Well survey should always make it possible that only people from that particular countries to answer the survey question and not really to make to make it world wide because this is likely to bring in fake answers.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
A business owner who really want a genuine answer shiikd not rely on online survey. This is because it is not always accurate for most reasons which may include.

Most survey takers do it for money and not really for the product. I could remember a survey that my friend was to do on a particular product, the fact is that he has never used the product before. So he was only picking the option randomly.

Another reason is that most surveys don't provide guude do their tskers. There is no guide on how to carry out the survey. They do leave survey takers to answer based on their discretion or most time limited options which make survey takers to choose whatever answers they seem

In conclusion, someone whose is business is meant. For offline customers should not rely much on online survey lest he will be misled.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I do understand that surveys might not be an easy thing to conduct if you are a market analysis or a research company. In order to combat the issue of fake answers, I think that the survey websites have many other options to make sure that the answers provided by the respondent are genuine and not fake. Therefore, they might ask people many different questions that would help them to determine if the respondent is providing correct answers or not. Obviously, no one could expect people to answer all the questions correctly and I think this is why they make surveys in such as way that a person would disqualify if they provide wrong answers.

Some survey sites might also ask you to enter some personal information in order to make sure that the respondent is a real person. Some of the details might include phone number, address, education details, and details of the products. If a respondent is a real person answering real questions, then he or she might have some knowledge about the product or how the product works. If I am using a SamSung smartphones, then I must have at least basic knowledge about the phone. This is how survey companies filter out fake reviews and feedback.