Disadvantages of Online work.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
The internet presents us with different earning opportunities that we can freely explore to make money the way we want to without having to be restricted like it is the case with offline and government work.
This has made it easy for people who are not able to secure a job offline, the internet provides them with a more reliable alternative.

Despite all these there are disadvantages of this online work and they could be really frustrating. Some of them are:
-You tend to miss inter personal relationship with other humans. It is not nice to always stay focused on your PC without getting in touch with fellow humans. This makes Online work a bit boring..
- Payment is not assured: with government job, you are rest assured of a particular amount that would always be paid to you at the end of the month. But with online work, if you fall sick for instance, you are sure going to miss earnings for that particular period until the time you require. This means Online work is not reliable.

What other disadvantages of Online work do you know?

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Yeah the truth remains that whatever one enjoys must surely have a disadvantage or disadvantages. The online work we enjoyed alot comes with it down sides. One of it being scam of your earnings either by the admin of the site or exchanges one is trying to exchange money. Another thing is that online job might not be sustainable if you don't double your efforts. So what you work is what you earn. So no work no pay for online jobs

Kennysplash

Verified member
The internet presents us with different earning opportunities that we can freely explore to make money the way we want to without having to be restricted like it is the case with offline and government work.
This has made it easy for people who are not able to secure a job offline, the internet provides them with a more reliable alternative.

Despite all these there are disadvantages of this online work and they could be really frustrating. Some of them are:
-You tend to miss inter personal relationship with other humans. It is not nice to always stay focused on your PC without getting in touch with fellow humans. This makes Online work a bit boring..
- Payment is not assured: with government job, you are rest assured of a particular amount that would always be paid to you at the end of the month. But with online work, if you fall sick for instance, you are sure going to miss earnings for that particular period until the time you require. This means Online work is not reliable.

What other disadvantages of Online work do you know?
Yes there are disadvantages of online work too, but the advantages overshadow the disadvantages. One disadvantage that is similar to the one you mentioned is that social skills will suffer. Since there are no co workers and all the time is spent indoors and online, our interactions with others might suffer.
Also if you are not the type that works out, online work might be damaging to your health. Studies confirm that sitting down for 6 hours everyday day is risky health wise. To top it all, you will really miss people.

Jonaville

There are some online jobs that takes virtually all of one's time of the day, and this results in loneliness, boredom and lack of social interaction. I know someone who quit his good paying online job and opt for a physical one instead. He claims the job is robbing him of his social life. He basically didn't have time to do the things he enjoys doing and his romantic relationship was suffering. Now he feels better doing the physical work and even though the pay is not up to the one he earned initially, he is happy and satisfied.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Working online from home comes with lots of benefits as well as the demerits. Working online from home gives someone an opportunity to work at any time that is convenient.

But there are disadvantages to comes with it but we often ignore them. Here are some

Distraction is one of the problems someone could face when work online from home. This distraction could be from the kids or pets.

Some of the kids might disturb you will their rough play and you be moved to control them from time to time.

If it is pets, let dogs, they might be making some funny sound and this may distract you from concentrating on the job you are doing.

Another disadvantage of working online is that it brings about laxity. As internet gives someone the chance to work at any time, it also build the habit of laziness on someone.

Last edited:

Salimo 92

Yes I agree with you , you highlughted the most important ones , for me even we feel free when we work online but still wotking online is better , in offline at least our effots are reconsidered but on online jobs people are ready to make you work in their site without paying you any cent . What I see is online job need more patience and intelligence than our work with governmrnt . But may be the concurrence between the site will make a bright future of online job .

Lyrrex

There's not kind of job without a disadvantage.A job is simply a task one performs in exchange for money. that's to say, the day you stop working, that's the day you stop earning. Rather than being focused on a job, both online and offline, it's better to create an online passive income stream that makes you money even whole you sleep.
Like a wise man once wrote "if you don't have a system that pays you while you're sleeping, then you will keep on working to you die".

sincerem

VIP Contributor
As online job has disadvantages same occurs to offline government jobs, and other lucrative offline jobs. Remember not everyone loves interacting constantly with other people. Their are people that do offline jobs and got no chance at all to communicate with their friends and love ones for the duration of six months or their about. If you find yourself in that angle will you quit your job cos you want to interact with people that won't offer you dime or create avenue for you to work?? I don't have time to communicate with people that won't add value to my life, I communicate when necessary and not all the time. Business men have no such time to share opinions with people that talk irrelevancies. Rather they sought to better their business ideas by seeking advice from well thought business men and women Luke them.

Sprite1950

If we are talking about the kind of stuff we are all doing with forums and writing sites I think it is the low earnings that are the biggest disadvantage. Unless you have special marketing skills there is no way you are going to earn what you woulds in a job in the real world.

I personally don't care about the interaction with other people because I have friends I can talk to on the phone and since the pandemic we are all having to adjust to not being able to see people. Many people are having to work from home now and this is actually a huge advantage for some who would otherwise have lost their jobs,

At this moment in time I can see a lot more advantages than disadvantages from working online. Where would so many people be with the world in such a state if we didn't have the internet?