Do affiliate marketers have to tell lies to earn money?

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Yes. I think that affiliate marketers may have to tell a little white lie or two in order to get their products or services in front of people that are genuinely interested in them. I believe this is because there are so many different products and services out there, that it would be impossible for a marketer to know about every single one of them. So, if he/she does not know about your product, you should at least mention it somewhere on your website. This could be as simple as including an Amazon link on every page or blog post.

Another thing that I think many affiliate marketers do is make up "testimonials". These are just fake testimonials from people who don't even use their products or services. It's just something they made up so they can get more sales without actually having to produce any real content.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
This is the problem with those "so-called" affiliate marketers. They are trying to sell wrong products and they are tell lies. By using these kind of wrong strategies they might be able to sell 1-2 products but in the long term these strategies do not work and they end up not making any money. In order to build your career in affiliate marketing and make a lot of money, you need to promote the right product. If you are selling the right product, there is no need to tell lies. Let's say you are selling T-shirt, if the t-shirt is made form high-quality material, of the t-shirt has a good design, do you really have to tell lies to sell this t-shirt. You will be telling lies when the t-shirt you are selling is made from low-quality materials and does not have a good design. If you want to make money, don't use short cut methods.

King bell

VIP Contributor
Affiliate marketers are not required to lie to earn money. They just need to be creative in the way they present their product or service.

The truth is that affiliate marketing is a great way for people who are looking for an easy way to make money and it does not require much work.

It's all about creating content that will resonate with your audience and then selling something that you believe in.