Do people in your country utilize veterinary services?

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
In my country, there are just a few number of people who take veterinary services serious as most people believe that anytime their pet or livestock is not doing fine, then it is time to consume them as food. This makes veterinary services to be almost useless since the vast majority do not care to take their pets to the veterinary clinic when they have health challenges.
The only time when some consider using veterinary services is when they are rearing those animals for commercial purposes, so they understand that the death of any of their animal would result to financial loss.
Also there are rich people who understand the relevance of utilizing veterinary services, though it is just a small percentage.
You can go to some areas and you won't see any veterinary clinic there, and this is because they are not being patronised at all.

How about your country? On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate their utilization of veterinary services.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
On a scale of 1-10, I can rate people using veterinary services at 8. People actually use these veterinary services here even for their domestic livestock. Since the past, people in my country have always valued rearing of livestock and they do so in such a great way. Whenever, they are sick, they seek veterinary services.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
On a scale of 1-10, I can rate people using veterinary services at 8. People actually use these veterinary services here even for their domestic livestock. Since the past, people in my country have always valued rearing of livestock and they do so in such a great way. Whenever, they are sick, they seek veterinary services.
That's nice then. I have seen a dog suffering with ticks all over its body but the owners do not even care at all. This makes me wonder why they even decided to get the dog as their pet since they can't even take proper care of it. It could be due to not having proper awareness about how to take care of animals, so they do not know what to do.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
In our culture the dog is a pet but more of a house guard. We do not tie or cage the dog, it is let loose. When we had our first dog in 1996 it was a 2-month old puppy that got sick after 2 weeks with us. We thought it would die so my wife and I decided to bring it to the vet. That first dog we named Jedi taught us to avail of the vet services for the longevity of the dog.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I don't really know but I believe they are making use of it because there are some people here that have a lot of pets such as dogs and cats ,maybe they can use a vetinary doctor for treating them of any infection but I believe it is not much as it is being done in the Western countries based on my observation over here.

anil02

Verified member
Here peoples who want to have pet they like dog or cat as pet. They love their pets like their kids and care them. If for any reason they we died they perform their funeral, burry them with honor. Here cow is holy animal so we respect them. Here peoples are using vaterinary in most of areas. We have big hospital to care our commercial animals and pets. Even small towns have vaterniary hospitals

For the most part, people in my country rely less on veterinary. They prefer treating and giving animals self medication. This is because opting in for a veterinarian I relatively cost or expensive. In a country like mine with high inflation rate, opting in for a veterinarian may be seen as a bad decision or looked as trying to live a western lifestyle. People prefer treating animals or making self medication because it is cost effective and doesn't waste a lot of time.

anil02

Verified member
Self medication is also very common is rural area of my country where vaterinary service is not available. And some person and perfect in curing health problem of animals. Most of time they used local herbs for it. But peoples who are running daily business they like to take service of vaterinary doctor on regular basis.

Jane234

Of course. I use veterinary services from time to time for my cat and dog.