Do People Really Hold Cryptos In Wallet In Countries Where Even Holding Crypto Is Banned?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
There are many countries that have banned trading cryptos and there are many countries that have banned mining activities. However, I have also read and heard about countries where the government will punish you even if they find out that you hold crypto coins in a wallet. Some of the countries that punish crypto holders includes India. However, I am not sure if the Nigerian government also punishes people just for holding crypto. So do you think that people still hold crypto in wallets in countries like India where even holding crypto is banned. I really just hope there is no way government would find out that a person is holding crypto where even holding cryptos are banned. What about Nigeria? Is even holding crypto in Nigeria is punishable by the government?

Last edited:

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
I am from Nigeria and we are still trading crypto currencies like never before. We have got lots of peer to peer market places of which binance is the top and a lot of us still buy, sell and trade whenever we want. There has not been any law saying holders of crypto currencies would get banned.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
think many people are holding not just because of that ,but because they believe that the country might change their governmeng that will suit their operation and welcome the acceptance of crypto curreency in the economy even if others are thinking of possible ways or means to ban the use of crypto currency with strict laws