Do vegetarians live longer?

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
Vegetarians are people who do not eat animal flesh, or in some cases animal products.
These set of individuals tend to eat only plant derivatives like vegetables and most of them believe it is the best way to live a healthy lifestyle.
I have read some articles that propose that not eating meat is a very good way to stay healthy, even though I do not want to believe it wholely.

One thing that could make one consider believing this would be the fact that most people suffering from disease conditions like diabetes mellitus are often discouraged from eating meat, and this could mean that meat is generally going to affect their health and pose more risk factors to their health since they are already suffering from the effect of excess sugar.

Do you think people who are Vegetarians live longer than others who eat meat?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I used to have a vegetarian friend in Facebook that I always contradict his posts about his vegan life. When I got annoyed by his persistence I unfriended him. He is an Indian and I respect his way of life. But there is no need to hate a meat eater like me. With longevity I always mention my great uncle who died at age 106. He eats practically anything and he was a heavy smoker until he died.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Nowadays there are two types of vegetarians based on my own personal classification . There are some vegetarians that only eat natural leaves that is not treated with fertilizers or pesticides, This ones are likely to live longer. People Who eat fruits and vegetable that is being treated with modern chemicals are almost the same like people who are not vegetarian.