Do you consider your online tasks as a career job?

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Remember occupation' simply means what you do that fetches money or income to you on a regular basis to make ends meet. If you're doing an online gig, and you're making ends meet from it, it means you're doing a career job.

You don't need a white collar job to declare yourself as having a job that is making you genuine money. Those who work full-time online as a freelancer in any of the field like writing, graphics design, programming (coding) content marketing, affiliate marketing, etc, are earning a living doing their tasks online.

If you consider your online gig as a side hustle gig, their is no problem, it still fetches monthly income to you, with the little amount that you're earning from it.

Consider any gig bringing you income steadily, even if its not a white collar job as a career gig, until better one comes.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Definitely online jobs has proving to be very lucrative venture and a lot of people have ventured into it over the past years and made a whole lot of money. I personally consider it a career even though there are other skills I personally need to make reasonable amount of money online.

Phabbyfundz

It depends on your earning and if you make enough money to consider a career job you can go for. I would day as a beginner I have been active in online jobs and I think as with every other venture it had its own hurdles and benefits, I would like to earn go money as an online worker.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
I don't consider it as a career because I don't have much control over what will happen with most of the tasks I am doing online. The only one I can consider a career is if I'm doing digital marketing. I know I will have to get involved with this kind of service and keep up with the latest tools.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Definitely online jobs has proving to be very lucrative venture and a lot of people have ventured into it over the past years and made a whole lot of money. I personally consider it a career even though there are other skills I personally need to make reasonable amount of money online.
You're there, online job is worth the tag of a career job. If one takes his or her time to settle for an in-demand skill, their is nothing such person can't achieve working online. People build houses uses the money they earned online, so nothing is out of reach for us when we follow in the right footsteps to make one online.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
For me, occupation means something that makes you occupied on a regular basis regardless if you earn money or not. If you take care of your children and you manage your home then that is your occupation. My mother said her occupation was a housewife. Online work is just an occupation for me and not for a livelihood.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
For me, occupation means something that makes you occupied on a regular basis regardless if you earn money or not. If you take care of your children and you manage your home then that is your occupation. My mother said her occupation was a housewife. Online work is just an occupation for me and not for a livelihood.
You spoke well dear, anything you do and drive income or finds yourself always busy at, it's simply your occupation. At times it doesn't matter much about the monetary aspect of it, provided it is something we are passionate about, and finds ourselves busy at. It is called occupation and nothing more.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I am working online as a career. After I lost my job, I was disturbed for a few weeks then I decided to search for jobs online. I started working on upwork and managed to get some gigs. I am not earning s much money as I was earning from my job, but I am earning my living.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I am working online as a career. After I lost my job, I was disturbed for a few weeks then I decided to search for jobs online. I started working on upwork and managed to get some gigs. I am not earning s much money as I was earning from my job, but I am earning my living.
I'm happy to hear that you're earning a living through online gigs, meaning the funds you're generating is enough for you. I've seen many of your earning proofs as an employee via upwork it is very much encouraging, and motivating to any freelance writer coming first time into the world of freelancing.

Putta Vince

Yeah , I don't mind earning small money online as long as it is coming for my efforts that I am putting. Money doesn't come easily , may it be online money or offline money. Till we find find a better job offline , it's not a silly idea to earn money online.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Yeah , I don't mind earning small money online as long as it is coming for my efforts that I am putting. Money doesn't come easily , may it be online money or offline money. Till we find find a better job offline , it's not a silly idea to earn money online.
It's never silly idea dear to earn money online. I have said to myself, instead of folding my arms and watching poverty take my life down without little funds on my poverty I prefer to work online than sitting indoors doing nothing. With online earnings i can still learn other ways to earn and establish myself high to keep earning online through many ways.

Putta Vince

It's never silly idea dear to earn money online. I have said to myself, instead of folding my arms and watching poverty take my life down without little funds on my poverty I prefer to work online than sitting indoors doing nothing. With online earnings i can still learn other ways to earn and establish myself high to keep earning online through many ways.
That's exactly my thought too. In our country , it's tough to get a good job offline due to lot of competitions , even graduates are left unemployment. So I believe, I am very lucky to have introduced to online earning at very young age , so I can find my right passion and direction from to earn high in future.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Though I a thinking of making a career from online business. I am still at the verge of it. But to answer your question. I don't see what I do currently as a career. This is because the money I am getting from it is not enough to cater for my needs.

Ummigal

I think there is a thin between career and jobs. The building of a career takes longer and a career isn't just about the money. Let's take an example with a med student. He starts building his career since in med school. A job however is just something that results from the career you've built. As for the online tasks, i don't think I vsn make a career out of them unless it is a skill I've learnt which makes me earn more. Online skills are just a means of earning some money.