Do You Know The Types Of Diabetes?

A K Rao

Diabetes is a disorder where we get to see too much of glucose in the blood and because of this the body cells get deprived of the sugar that is needed for the day today working!

For the normal functioning of the body there are special cells in the Pancreas, that are seen in an Islet that is known as ‘Islet of Langerhans’. These cells they secrete a hormone known as Insulin and this insulin is responsible for absorption of sugar from blood into the body!

The Diabetes is seen whenever there is a breakdown of this cycle in the body!

Depending upon the cause, the Diabetes is divided in three types:

1. Diabetes Type I – This type of diabetes is an autoimmune disease where the body is seen destroying all the cells in the Islets of Langerhans and because of this there is no secretion of insulin and there is no supply of the sugar to the body cells.There is an abnormal increase in the blood level. This is also known as Juvenile Diabetes as it is seen in diabetes and it is generally seen in the childhood or in the mid-teens. This formed about 5% of Total diabetes seen

2. Diabetes Type II – In this diabetes the Pancreas secretes Insulin but then the body fails to insulin sensitivity and it becomes resistant to insulin. Here though there is insulin there is an increase in the blood glucose because of this.

3. LADA: LADA means Latent Autoimmune Diabetes In Adults, here there is no secretion of Insulin from the pancreatic Langerhans cells because of an autoimmune condition. Here also the body destroys the pancreatic cells responsible for producing Insulin. Here the cells are gradually and slowly destroyed and the diabetes develops in adult hood. This is slower type I diabetes we can say!

We will see various aspects of diabetes in the future posts to come!

Last edited:

btaliat

VIP Contributor
It seems the third type is the most dangerous based on your article. I would have loved if you talked about how one can manage diabetes and how one can even know if one has contracted diabetes. Some people told me it is hereditary. It will be nice if you address those points you didn't adress in the article.

A K Rao

It seems the third type is the most dangerous based on your article. I would have loved if you talked about how one can manage diabetes and how one can even know if one has contracted diabetes. Some people told me it is hereditary. It will be nice if you address those points you didn't adress in the article.
Yes, About 18% of adult population it suffers from this i will come with detailed note n this diabetes soon!

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Yes, About 18% of adult population it suffers from this i will come with detailed note n this diabetes soon!
Thanks for the update. And I really hope your future post will be benefitial to everybody because I do like anything that will encourage and make me have sound health. There is nothing I place above my health. I have been trying to avoid sugary things but I was told the body needs sugar as well. That's why I only regulated my intake of sugar to prevent diabetes.