Do you lend out money to friends?

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
Yes i do lend out money to friends,they always promise to pay back,but since one of my friend refuse to pay me back a huge amount of money, I decided never to lend out money to a friend, because after collecting the money and get rid of their financial crises,they forgot where and how they got they money they used

WegaSilver

it is good for you to lend out money to friends but it is also advisable that before lending out money to a friend you need to be sure if the friend will be able to pay back or better still you can collect a property for him as a collateral when he pays back return his property. This is because lending out money to people is sometimes a big risk
Well yes, this I agree totally. With good collateral, there is no problem giving a loan. (y)

Samuel72

Verified member
it is good for you to lend out money to friends but it is also advisable that before lending out money to a friend you need to be sure if the friend will be able to pay back or better still you can collect a property for him as a collateral when he pays back return his property. This is because lending out money to people is sometimes a big risk

WegaSilver

On certain occasions, we get to see some friends who come to request for money from us with the purpose of repaying whenever they have, but in most cases they do not repay the money. Things like this have caused a lot of problem between people who have been friends for a very long time and it has led to many people saying they rather dash out money to a Friend than to give out as loan or anything related, this is because they are trying to avoid issues that may come up in the future.
I also share that belief, I do not give out money to friends with the hope of getting it back, though it is not always that I give, but when I do, I try to ensure it is not related to lending out (more of helping). This gives me peace of mind, unlike lending out money and the person ends up not paying.
What do you think?
I used to do loans to friends and relatives until too many loans were yet not paid back.

Probably there are millions of people doing good and paying back everything they owe, but for my personal experience, I highly do my due diligence before giving a loan to someone. Just to be sure getting at least the capital back.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
On certain occasions, we get to see some friends who come to request for money from us with the purpose of repaying whenever they have, but in most cases they do not repay the money. Things like this have caused a lot of problem between people who have been friends for a very long time and it has led to many people saying they rather dash out money to a Friend than to give out as loan or anything related, this is because they are trying to avoid issues that may come up in the future.
I also share that belief, I do not give out money to friends with the hope of getting it back, though it is not always that I give, but when I do, I try to ensure it is not related to lending out (more of helping). This gives me peace of mind, unlike lending out money and the person ends up not paying.
What do you think?
Yes I do lend out money but only the amount that I know should in case he/she didn't pay I will not be affected badly.
Sometime one can lend to friend and latter willing forgo it since what the friend is it for is important.
There is an adage that says a friend in need is a friend inde,so therefore its a good thing to help friend when need be.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Lending money to your friends and even to your relatives is a trap. I have experienced that type of generosity that I always have a helping hand when someone is in need of money. All the while I thought everyone was on my level of decency until I learned that some people borrow money and tend to forget their debt to me.
Hmm, people are like that. Even some of the friends we keep are simply like that. Waiting for us to forget the money they owed us. That's very unpleasant of them, if i encounter such from them i wouldn't go on to borrow such kind of person money for life. It will even make me to reduce the way i tend to borrow money to people.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Lending money to your friends and even to your relatives is a trap. I have experienced that type of generosity that I always have a helping hand when someone is in need of money. All the while I thought everyone was on my level of decency until I learned that some people borrow money and tend to forget their debt to me.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
From my own point of view it's a very big no because when it's time for them to pay you back they will start acting as if they did you a favor by borrowing them money
So I'll not advise anybody to borrow his or her friend some money you rather give it to them as a friend and you will permanently forget about it
Any of your friend that never pay you back on time based on agreement isn't a trusted and sincere friend. Good friends doesn't need to break deadlines unless he stated that he doesn't have and gives you genuine reason for that. Then you can consider him to extend his pay date.

Makah

From my own point of view it's a very big no because when it's time for them to pay you back they will start acting as if they did you a favor by borrowing them money
So I'll not advise anybody to borrow his or her friend some money you rather give it to them as a friend and you will permanently forget about it

Janiya

As we know that we are living with our close friends and best friends since long time and we know about their background and their condition related to money so I think we should guess that this person is relieved able to give return the amount of money he has land from me if you are sure that he is good and able to give the money on time to you so do give him and give with the good hope.
But if you really know the bad side and bad condition of the person who is lending money from you should do to avoid to give the money to the same person because you are not going to get back the money he has taken from you so I really hate those people to whom I land out the money and he make excuses time.
I make this mistake so many times that's why I am experience now about the friends who are acting like this whenever it comes in the return time.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Given is part of showing love for one another. If you don't help friends in need, then know you never cared when you have such to offer. Friends are known to always be there for their fellow during time of trouble and in good time. We got to know who is our friends when we're in dire need of help. I lend money to my friends when they need it most especially when I'm in the position to help out. Because i know if i fall into trouble cos of financial degradation they'll come for me.

Doradorwa

Opportunity seeker
I lend my friends change sometimes and I don't bother to collect it... But if it's real money ( a lot of money) then just count me out as I don't even have it to lend out and I also need people that will lend me. But I give my food out a lot to people. I can not give what I don't have .

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
What do you think?

Adetayo100

The biggest mistake you can make is to lend a friend a loan or lend money to your family members in the hopes they will pay back, i strongly advise against it as most people won't pay back they take advantage of the relationship between the both of you, some even go as far as using emotional blackmail on you. My advice is always know when to draw the line between business and friends.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
The policy i have concerning borrowing friends money is that I always borrow the ones I don't intend to collect again. I am not lucky borrowing people money even not only friends. I am always being disappointed, people don't pay me money that I borrow them. That's why I always try to borrow people money that I can afford to lose.

Queentener

What do you think?
I don't lend friends money, I rather give what I know I can let's go then borrowing you money and begging you to pay back. This often leads to grudges and most times things don't go back to normal, so with my experience I will rather give you what I know I can let go, than me lending you and we having issues because when I need my money and you can't provide it becomes an issue. Then it starts looking like I'm the one pestering you, all these things can be avoided. So my own opinion is if a friend comes to you for help give what you can afford to let go rather than borrowing the friend and causing an end to the friendship.

eojo2401

I have lend out Money to friends time without number. Some repay the loan while some default. To those that default to pay, I still maintain cordial relationship with them because I have made provision for bad debt before lending them. Besides, I usually lend out what I could afford to loose.

Khezo

Lending money to friends is not such a bad thing. It's good to help or lend money to friend's because you might be helping them to do something very important by lending them that money. But this days, most of this friends tend not to pay back the money they borrowed. As a result, I tend to be very selective about the friend's I lend money to. Just to keep me on the safe side

Daykas

I use to lend out money to friend before but it seems it not my way anymore cause most of them tend not to pay back. That why I put a stop to it so that I go into debt in helping other.
The best I do nowadays is to give out the amount I know am capable of given out.

IamDozzy

I lend out money to friends who have proven time and time again that they can payback. Not the ones that you'll lend money to and it would take forever before they payback. I remember a friend that came to borrow money from me for an urgent emergency, before he could pay back, I had to seriously beg him that I really needed the money. After he gave me back my money, I vowed never to have any to do with him as regards money.