Does bathing too much affect the skin integrity?

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
I don't know if this may sound a kind of funny to you , but it is something that some people have believed for a very long time and I want us to discuss about it here .

Bathing is a really essential part of her life and it is something that we only get to do on a daily basis . There are individuals who could make sure the bath as much as five times in it day without ever getting tired of doing this at all .

This is due to the belief system backing go a long way in helping somebody to clean off their body , and also refreshing themselves to face whatever it is that is disturbing them .

Bathing too much is considered by some people to be of adverse effect to the skin integrity if it is done too much .

This is the part that tends to raise my curiosity the most and I want us to try and see how we can share our ideas on what we really think about this topic.

Do you believe in this theory of bathing too much getting to harm the human body particularly the skin now in this instance ?

Ajebo25

Verified member
I disagree in the theory that bathing too much does harm to the skin, see bathing is a very important part of hygiene for humans that's why we're told to bath 3 times daily that's morning, afternoon and night.

Bathing too much doesn't do any harm to the skin rather than good lack of proper bathing increases your skin to diseases infection's such as pimples,rashes, eczema and more so I suggest you bath as many times as you have the opportunity.

I have even heard a situation where by people say that bathing too much makes you fair if you're a Dark person which is really untrue.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When I was in grade school our teacher advised us to take a bath once a day. It is preferred to be in the morning so we children would be awake in going to school. She said that taking a bath rarely can cause skin problems that would start with irritation. On the other side, taking a bath too often can also cause skin abuse. The key is the soap. If you are using a soap with a strong chemical to cleanse your skin then that can harm the skin especially the outer skin.

For those who are living in a tropical country you can take a shower without soaping yourself as per the advice. But to be honest, I take a bath in the morning and also after dinner. My soap is the baby soap of Johnson’s because that is for the tender skin which means it is not abrasive and would not harm my skin even if I take a bath several times in a day.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Well I heard something like that before but I have not taken my time to reseach
to really understand what they are trying to say here because no matter what they are trying to say we must take bath every.

The one I actually came across was that naturally we were meant to take bath on weekly basis that the body was not naturally design from evolution for us to be taking bath more than that , that sometimes overtaking of bath could lead to skin depreciation and cracking of skin and so many other things , well ever since I came across that I haven't taken my time to research if that is really true or not scientifically .

I believe some of these theories that is circulating around the internet are not really trusted to a point of you depending on them. Some few weeks ago because of how the weather condition in my location was , I was always being forced to bath not less than 3 times a day and sometimes 4, well generally I didn't observe any differences in my skin, The only thing i observe was the fact that I am always tired trying to bath like this .

Jasz

VIP Contributor
It depends on what you mean by "bathing", but generally speaking, it's not a good idea to bathe too often.

For one thing, it can make your skin drier than it would be if you washed less frequently. This is because the skin has its own natural oils that protect it, and washing too much will strip them away, leaving your skin more vulnerable to damage.

If you're using a shower gel or soap that contains fragrances, this can also lead to irritation and dryness.

Bathing too often (more than once a day) can also weaken the immune system by removing the beneficial bacteria on the surface of the skin. The skin is our first line of defense against sickness and disease, so we want to make sure we don't wash away those good microbes! You may also experience an increase in acne breakouts as a result of bathing too much—this is because when your pores get clogged with oil from excessive washing, dirt and bacteria become trapped inside them, resulting in pimples or blackheads forming underneath those pores.

Nevertheless, so many have different opinions when it comes to taking care of their skin. I could say this is contributes to why so many have health/skin disease.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
In addition to all that has been said by different individuals who have made their contributions on this topic , I would like to ask that the kind of soup on detergent that people usually make use of to take their bath would go a long way in determine whether this activity which is in at getting human being refreshed would be a disaster to their health and their skin .

Some individuals are usually having this habit of making use of some kind of soaps and lotions which go a long way in making their skin to peel due to the chemicals that are used in the production of such soaps .

It now boils down to the fact that we as humans have to do our own proper diligence research to make sure that we are not patroy such soaps that are usually having some kind of tendencies to cause our skin to peel or to develop certain issues .

The fact is that , if you do not have so much dirt on your body, you do not necessarily need to have your bath making use of soap all the time .
Some days , you can just decide to go into the shower and have yourself refreshed.

Sodiq

Oh yeah, It all depends on your skin type and the condition of your skin, I have heard different things concerning bathing, Some say twice a week, some say once a week, some even say don't use soap at all and just use water to wash yourself that you're good to go.

As far as I know, daily bath is not recommended only for people with eczema, Such people often have dry and irritated skin, and frequent baths excallate the problem by stripping moiture away.

Usually the skin produces natural oils and moisture that combats dry skin problem. If someone with eczema bathes daily, and uses artificial moisturizers, the moisturizer may not be able to penerate the micro grooves on the skin, This leads to itching sensation. But because the body's oils come from inside out, all those grooves are well oiled naturally.