Doing podcast not for the earnings but just for fun

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
My niece is doing podcast for her business on Feng Shui, the Chinese art for financial abundance. She uses a laptop and a web camera plus a nice microphone to have a semblance of a radio station. She advised me to have my own podcast when I have spare time. It is not exactly for earning money but just for fun.

A podcast is a live broadcast with audio and video. If you have friends who can be your regular listeners and viewers then it would be fun if the subject matter is about getting old. Retired peopla are mostly lacking in companionship that they would appreciate if you can provide a sort of entertainment and information. But I have to think about that suggestion because I have no web camera yet.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
You need a good device for that, you can use a high memory RAM smart phone to create a podcasts, especially the video podcasts, edit it properly, then surely you can post it via your portfolio website for blogging most especially. You can decide to sell the product via your website for your visitors to look into too, and buy.

Mika

VIP Contributor
A podcast is not a video recording, in fact, it is a sound recording. You don't watch podcasts, you listen to the podcasts. However, some people are using youtube to publish podcasts. If you want to produce a podcast you will have to release it on audio platforms like iTunes. There are a lot of ways to monetize podcasts, and pateron is one of them.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
A podcast is not a video recording, in fact, it is a sound recording. You don't watch podcasts, you listen to the podcasts. However, some people are using youtube to publish podcasts. If you want to produce a podcast you will have to release it on audio platforms like iTunes. There are a lot of ways to monetize podcasts, and pateron is one of them.
I was having that zeal before to create podcasts when I was doing my music stuffs, I do rap songs. But due to discouragement from parents and love ones made me not to forge ahead. I felt too ashamed and disguised when they poured unpleasing remarks at me, instead moving forward with my recorded podcasts I started moving backward.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Reply to @Mika.....
You are right that the podcast is like a radio broadcast which is only the audio. But now what's getting popular is the podcast with a video. They do it in Facebook Live and some are doing it in YouTube with the recorded video. I am not well-versed with podcasts but I know that they are making something out of it especially when there are many listeners or viewers.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I have done podcasts, I sell podcasts from my website. I do not generate a lot of sales, but I sell my podcasts once in a while ad make money. My podcasts are tutorials and tips. If you are a good talker, you can try podcasting, it is fun, easy, and also in the men while earns you money.