Don't let friends kill that dream

What kind of friends do you keep around you?
Do you tell them your dreams and plans?
Do you even have people you look up to in pursuance of your career goals?

There is a common saying which says, if you show me your friend, I will show you your future friends.

Some people who call themselves friends do kill people's dreams. Dreams that would have Inna way changed someone's life for great good.

Only have friends with people of the same goal! This will help you to push forward daily. They say that dreams sharpen dreams.
So don't go about making friends with people who have no plans about their future.

Make friends consciously.

Jonaville

There is a common saying which says, if you show me your friend, I will show you your future friends.

Some people who call themselves friends do kill people's dreams. Dreams that would have Inna way changed someone's life for great good.

Only have friends with people of the same goal! This will help you to push forward daily. They say that dreams sharpen dreams.
So don't go about making friends with people who have no plans about their future.

You make a great point with this post. There is also a saying that says iron sharpens iron. If you hang around with friends who don't know what they want in life, then your future might look bleak. On the other hand, if you make friends with those who have a great mind and have their goals set out in front of them, and are making efforts to reach those goals, then they will influence you in a positive way. This will make your future bright.
So our choice of friends is very important.

Lekhraj19

Verified member
Saying about your dreams, be it your friends seem quite dangerous sometimes in the long term. But, people often tell their secrets and dreams to their friends to whom probably after few years will not be so close as they are now. I also do the same thing and sometimes those things really turn into a feel of guilty. It turns into this when you suppose tell your goal to someone who is a friend of yours now, but when you are away or you are not one of the best friends after a matter of time then they pull you out on the goals that you have shared with them. They will create some myths also sometimes. So, we should be aware of these things.

Kennysplash

Verified member

There is another popular saying, show me your friends and I will tell you who you are. The kind of friends you keep should push you to achieve your goals. If they dont, it is time to let them off. I used to have two friends but they are totally different. One always wants to know what I am planning to do and give me advice, the other is after partying and chasing women. I realized that I needed to do away with the later and move closer to former. I severed my ties with him and it paid me in the long run. So pay attention to the kind of friends you keep, they have a huge effect on you.

Olajidey

Well it also has to deal with the kind of friend you keep, Sharing your dream is not a bad idea but you have to know the kind of person you are sharing your dream with be it your friends, your relatives or co-workers. I personally did not share with anyone, I keep to myself until i start making progress with the dream and I see no one can really stop me from achieving it before I tell my trusted friend or relative or co-workers.
thou it still surrounds the people you keep as friends.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I had many friends before I entered college. Focusing on my dream career I had to keep distance from some of my friends particularly those who were out of school and being idle all day long. I found them to be an obstacle to my dream of finishing college and having a nice career. Indeed when I got my first job as a computer programmer in a bank, all of my friends were surprised. Some even visited me at work in the bank to see my table and our nice office. Maybe that made them regret that they did not finish college.

Divinechidera

You're right though.
In life, a person can meet different kinds of people. There are friends that are multipliers, these kinda friends will add values to your life in an exponential way. I was lucky to meet that kinda friend and he helped me a lot in various facets of life e.g spiritually, financially, academically and so on.
In all, choose your friends don't let your friends choose you so as to not befriend those who will help you achieve your dreams.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
The kinds of friends you keep actually determine what you will be. If you have determined and committed friends, you will see yourself being determined and committed. If you associate with people who smoke and do drugs, you will join them. Friends make significant influence in one's life.
As an earlier commenter said, iron sharpens iron. So making bad friends will destroy and shatter your dreams and destiny. Make friends that encourages you, friends that criticizes you when you do something wrong.

Cryptoon

Thanks for the brilliant post @Danbrilliant. What I can clearly state is that it's hard to avoid friends that will put you down when you have a goal you'd like to fulfill. As the saying goes 'Birds of a feather...' so will your subconscious mind attract you to people who may share something with you but not your goals. Avoid them the moment they are spotted.

How will you know that the friends you have are genuine? When they never leave you in hard times alone. Secondly, only share your plans with your friends after you've successfully accomplished them.

singlej007

Dream! Dram! Dream! When I saw this trend, I bow down my head. A lot of dream today has been chartered and battered by people around us, it is a great pity that most times this guys around us are just around for the juicy time alone.. They will only follow you in spending the little you have but will never assist or encourage you in building and achieving anything in life.. As soon as you are down, they will disappear, not just disappearing, they will be telling people and spoiling your name how incapable you are... Oh... Friends.

Ralphjoe

I have known this secret of harnessing good friends for a while now, this is why I always endeavors to keep good friends that I can learn from instead of those that will just be a liability and a pest to my life. I am very careful of the kind of friend I make because a friend can betray you and also a good friend can exhalt you.
Most of my friends are good and worthwhile people like me, we vibe together on the same frequency. We have almost same likes and dislikes, friends like that can hardly stab you in the back.

Ummigal

Another reason why some people would want to kill your dreams or rather discourage you is that they lack sufficient knowledge about what you dreams or ambition. Many people hate to say "I don't know" when they are asked about something. They might try to pull you down because they couldn't see the full picture that you saw.

marcusfe

I don't have to keep a close relationship with a dream killer in the first place. Before I can certify you as my best friend it means yo have already passed some of my secret tests. A negative person is a dream killer because they never seen anything good in what you're doing. If you're trying to make a move to start a particular adventure they will discourse you and give a thousand reasons why your move won't work.