Earn Money Online by Flipping Websites

rotabol

If you know how to build a WordPress website, then you’re way ahead of most people. Sometimes entrepreneurs like to buy already established websites that they can use for their own businesses.

If you can build a WordPress blog and start getting traffic to it, then you can sell it and make money for your efforts.

This requires knowing the type of websites in demand, and how to price and sell them. There are websites like Flippa that serve as auction sites and brokers for selling websites.

Setho

VIP Contributor
This is a particular business opportunity that a lot of people have been leaving aside even when there is a lot of money that can be made in it. People are generally lazy for them to develop websites on their own and if you can be able to help them to bypass that they are willing to pay a lot of money in order to get your design. There is even going to be an extra advantage if the website is one that is already popular and has a lot of quality backlinks. This is a business opportunity that everyone should look to go into.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Flipping website is one of the ways to make money online especially when you have network of blogs you are managing in your portfolio.

You can simply take one of you blogs that is making money consistently to the marketplace and flip in order to raise cash for another business venture you want to engage.

You can sell one of your blogs that is not making much money and invest the amount you realise back into the other ones in order to make more profit.

Flippa is one of the marketplace where you can sell your existing website that is generating income and traffic.

You can make use of motion in words to sell your website that is generating income from Amazon associates and display and white in combine.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
That's one of the earning option online which I want to go into. It is similar to domain flipping, you simply don't have to enter into domain flipping alone, when you want to start flipping websites. Simply buy your domain, and use your domain to attach to your website and create a catchy website. In order to make money with it, you simply have to generate consistent traffic from it, and monetize with ads ( optional ). You can simply place it on sale via flippa.com, or any other website flipping website of your choice, and watch out for offers.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
@sincerem you have put the process right in your comment and it is very straight forward, kudos to you for that.

One thing about flippa is that it uses a bidding process in order to determine the end price all the websites you want to flip.

Sometimes the website you want to sell on the platform me once more than the last bidding on the website in the marketplace.

it is easy to scam someone with this process essentially when they want to buy a website. Some people know how to influence other people to influence the breeding price.

A prospective buyer can go home with a website worth less than the actual price they pay for it in the marketplace. I am saying this because I am conversant with the marketplace on flippa.

This is the reason why I like to make use of motion Invest. You are going to evaluate your website based on traffic SEO metrics as well as the only potential of the website.

They usually arrive at the right price for them websites you want to sell in the marketplace using all these criterias

sincerem

VIP Contributor
@sincerem you have put the process right in your comment and it is very straight forward, kudos to you for that.

One thing about flippa is that it uses a bidding process in order to determine the end price all the websites you want to flip.

Sometimes the website you want to sell on the platform me once more than the last bidding on the website in the marketplace.

it is easy to scam someone with this process essentially when they want to buy a website. Some people know how to influence other people to influence the breeding price.

A prospective buyer can go home with a website worth less than the actual price they pay for it in the marketplace. I am saying this because I am conversant with the marketplace on flippa.

This is the reason why I like to make use of motion Invest. You are going to evaluate your website based on traffic SEO metrics as well as the only potential of the website.

They usually arrive at the right price for them websites you want to sell in the marketplace using all these criterias
Bro, you've shown to me that you're well vast when it comes to website/domain business. I've been to flippa before, I checked their marketplace, but I didn't waste time there, because I have nothing to promote back then. The blog I created earlier isn't up to standard, many projects have taking my time to concentrate on building the blog or simply creating an E-commerce site to start flipping. To be frank, E-commerce can cost tons of money, the affordable one for me will be just blog or business website. To create that one, I can invest some amount to.instsll plugins, domain and hosting wouldn't cost much.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
@sincerem I will not advise you to start with e-commerce website if you are planning to flip websites in the nearest future.

The reason is that e-commerce comes with a lot of headache before you can get things right.

The first headache comes when you are searching for the winning product you want to sell all your e-commerce store.

it can take you a lot of time money and resources to discover a unique products to sell on your ecommerce store in order to make a hundred percent profit with the business. Not to talk of generating traffic, customer satisfaction as well as running the inventory.

I will advise you to start with a niche website as this is pretty much easier to set up and fast to make money with.

I have a friend who start making money on his new blog in the first 28 Days by promoting products on Amazon as an affiliate. He also run a display advert in order to maximize the earn potential of the website.

For you to command good amount of money anytime you want to sell he needs website in the marketplace, you need to work on it consistently for at least 12 months.

You can then take the websites to the marketplace to flip once it is started to generating consistent income.

There are better places to sell your money making website like Motion Invest, empire flipper, FX international etc

sincerem

VIP Contributor
@sincerem I will not advise you to start with e-commerce website if you are planning to flip websites in the nearest future.

The reason is that e-commerce comes with a lot of headache before you can get things right.

The first headache comes when you are searching for the winning product you want to sell all your e-commerce store.

it can take you a lot of time money and resources to discover a unique products to sell on your ecommerce store in order to make a hundred percent profit with the business. Not to talk of generating traffic, customer satisfaction as well as running the inventory.

I will advise you to start with a niche website as this is pretty much easier to set up and fast to make money with.

I have a friend who start making money on his new blog in the first 28 Days by promoting products on Amazon as an affiliate. He also run a display advert in order to maximize the earn potential of the website.

For you to command good amount of money anytime you want to sell he needs website in the marketplace, you need to work on it consistently for at least 12 months.

You can then take the websites to the marketplace to flip once it is started to generating consistent income.

There are better places to sell your money making website like Motion Invest, empire flipper, FX international etc
Well taken explanation bro, I've taking everything you've said, as you took your precious time to break it down for me. I wouldn't start with E-commerce at the moment, because it will really take away my time and resources as well. I don't need much stress which I wouldn't even complete at last. I'll go with the option you've stated which is the niche website. Since I got some experience with affiliate marketing, especially on CPA leads, I'll simply set up one then develop it to flip later. I wouldn't rush into it, it will be my next year plan, I need to save more funds for it, and learn how the process works with such kind of niche.

Mika

VIP Contributor
There are already a lot of threads on this topic. Before posting, you need to do some research and see if the topic is already published or not. Your post also does not provide enough information. Just because you can create wordpress website does not mean you can easily make money by selling your website on flippa. Flipp is surely the world's larget marketplace for websites and apps, but that does not mean once you list your website, it will be sold outright. Do you know how much is the listing fee on flippa, how much commission you have to give to them?

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Most people don't know how much more money they can make from selling their website than from holding on to it.
You're probably wondering, "How is that even possible?" Well, it's actually surprisingly simple. It's called the multiplier effect.

Think of owning a website like owning a lemonade stand. A lemonade stand has limited earning potential because your area probably only has so many thirsty people walking by at any given time. But if you sell someone the rights to your lemonade stand, that person can then sell lemonade out of it and pay you your asking price plus some extra to keep using the stand. Now, instead of one person making money off of the stand, you have two! This is called the multiplier effect: when one person makes an investment that allows a second person to make a profit as well. You even have the opportunity to get another or invest on another thing.

The same thing happens with websites. When you sell your website instead of holding onto it and trying to manage it yourself, you get more money than you would have gotten if you had just kept it for yourself for however long you could. What's more, whoever buys your website gets to manage it as they see fit and make money off of it in the process! Most importantly, though—you get MORE money!
Oftentimes, you can't see the value of the website for yourself—but other people certainly can. Your website worth something when someone else buys it.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I came to this thread to know how to make money by flipping website, but sadly, the OP does not actually know to make money through website flipping. He seems to know the term flipping and the website marketplace called flippa but he does not know anything. I hate to see incomplete information like this. I think I know better than the person who initiated this thread.
There are a lot of website flipping marketplace, such ad flippa, empire flipper, exchange marketplace; you can even sell websites on eBay.
You can sell recently created website with no traffic or revenue or well established website with traffic and revenue.
You can not only sell wordpress blog, but also shopify store (in fact there is a marketplace that only for people who want to buy and sell shopify store), online stores, forum, apps, etc.
Selling website is not as easy as it sounds. Your website should be very valuable to attract customers. There are some websites where you do not have to pay to list your website for sale but most of the website marketplaces have listing fees. For example, on flippa you will have to pay $29 for basic listing, $65 for standard listing and $99 for premium listing.