Passive income Earn passively as an Amazon KDP author.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Books revenue are one of the oldest ways to earn passively, it only gets easier now because you can do it online.

1 Research for a high ranking niche on Amazon, you can do this by checking the bestsellers category and note the genre that has the most, also check the keywords for bestsellers, it really helps in giving your book visibility when you publish

2 Write a book about that genre and or hire a freelance writer to do it for you, you'll find many writers for a cheap price on Fiverr and Upwork.

3 Publish your book and promote it.

Side note: Amazon KDP is a numbers game, the more book you have, quantity and quality wise, the more sales you'll make.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Let us not confuse ourselves. Just because you have published a book through KIndle Direct Publishing does not mean you are going to earn passive income. In order to earn from books, you need to sell a lot of copies, not just 10-20 pieces for hundreds of thousands. That will happen only when you can spend a lot of money in advertising.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I have not published on KDP, however, I have helped my clients to publish on KDP and market their books. When I have to publish books, I will will publish the book on my own website. Well, I do not generate a lot of sales but I can keep everything I get from sales and never have to give commission.