Etheruem has more potential than bitcoin?

Razor1911

The crypto market is growing day by day. The steep climb of bitcoin from the price if 9000 to reach its all time high of 67000 was remarkable. It had multiplied it's investors money multifold. But once the leader of the crypto market, is in difficult situation now. It fell by almost 40% from the all time high and now trading near 36000 mark.

It has become quite a task for bitcoin to move up. Firstly because it has very high marker cap, so to increase its price, heavy push is required, which is unlikely at current scenario. So in place of bitcoin, the second market leader, Ethereum may play its role.

The market price of Ethereum is still around 2400 usd. So It has more space to jump from the current level. So for long term, it might turn out to be the next gem.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
This is not a well proven fact and I do not believe that there is any other cryptocurrency with much more potential than bitcoins because bitcoins is the best cryptocurrency with the highest trading volume, any coin that is better than bitcoins must have a trading volume more than that of bitcoins.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Like someone up there said, this statistics you give is not a proven fact that ethereum is better than Bitcoin. There is no doubt that at room is a very good cryptocurrency and has a lot of future and probably it is going to skyrocket in the nearest future, Bitcoin remains the king of cryptocurrencies and will never be overtaken by any of the currency. It will probably reach over $100,000 in the nearest future.

Vladv26

This is not a well proven fact and I do not believe that there is any other cryptocurrency with much more potential than bitcoins because bitcoins is the best cryptocurrency with the highest trading volume, any coin that is better than bitcoins must have a trading volume more than that of bitcoins.
We are talking about potential here and about long term. On the long term I think ethereum has much more potential than bitcoin. And that's because ethereum has more features and can be integrated more easily on all kind of platforms in comparison to bitcoin. Also, Ethereum owner is well known and companies can work directly with him if they want to integrate blockchain in their companies.

Razor1911

We are talking about potential here and about long term. On the long term I think ethereum has much more potential than bitcoin. And that's because ethereum has more features and can be integrated more easily on all kind of platforms in comparison to bitcoin. Also, Ethereum owner is well known and companies can work directly with him if they want to integrate blockchain in their companies.
Yes, Etherum has more capacity for longer term. The growth for the bitcoin in the past was massive. But it has already gained too much now. So it is risky to say whether the price of the coin will keep om moving at the same rate. But since etheruem is still very low in price, it has better scope of delivering growth. It may outreach the milestones that bitcoin already achieved.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I can't understand what are you saying, potential in terms of what ? , I do not consider it as a potential coin because of the slow nature of it, but you fail to understand that bitcoins is the controller of all cryptocurrency, what type of potential does it have more than bitcoins ?

Razor1911

I can't understand what are you saying, potential in terms of what ? , I do not consider it as a potential coin because of the slow nature of it, but you fail to understand that bitcoins is the controller of all cryptocurrency, what type of potential does it have more than bitcoins ?
Etherum is not at all slow. Don't underestimate its values. After bitcoin Etherum has the highest market share. Even theri developer have release their own smart chain network which we know as ERC20 network. If any other crypto I had to chose after bitcoin, I would surely have picked as it has more growth potential than bitcoin.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Etherum is not at all slow. Don't underestimate its values. After bitcoin Etherum has the highest market share. Even theri developer have release their own smart chain network which we know as ERC20 network. If any other crypto I had to chose after bitcoin, I would surely have picked as it has more growth potential than bitcoin.
the erc20 is the ethereum network and it is the one with the highest transaction fee, they should try as much as possible to have their own bep 20 network,I don't know if they have this because it has been a long time since I remember anything about it because I do not have time for it, you need to update me on their progress in the cryptospace

Razor1911

the erc20 is the ethereum network and it is the one with the highest transaction fee, they should try as much as possible to have their own bep 20 network,I don't know if they have this because it has been a long time since I remember anything about it because I do not have time for it, you need to update me on their progress in the cryptospace
The ERC20 network's main drawback is that it had so high transcation fees. You can't even set the fees here also , unlike bitcoin where you can set your own fees for transaction. In comparison, the BEP20 and TRC20 chain is much nore efficient and less expensive then ERC20. May be the high mining price for the miners is a reason for prices going high.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
The ERC20 network's main drawback is that it had so high transcation fees. You can't even set the fees here also , unlike bitcoin where you can set your own fees for transaction. In comparison, the BEP20 and TRC20 chain is much nore efficient and less expensive then ERC20. May be the high mining price for the miners is a reason for prices going high.
I don't even know and I don't think that it is miners that have an effect in the transaction fee of a particular cryptocurrency,I don't know a lot of information about blockchain and mining process but do you think that it is miners that determines this ?

Suny

ETH has the basic drawback that will always keep it on the back seat forever. Their gas fee is such a killjoy that many new projects are looking at Binance or other similar platforms. I agree I saw a surprise decline in ETH gas fee that made it possible to transfer some of my funds at a reasonable rate but I could have invested and withdrawn more money if the gas fee was within the affordable limit. I personally avoid dealing in ERC20 based platforms now.

Razor1911

ETH has the basic drawback that will always keep it on the back seat forever. Their gas fee is such a killjoy that many new projects are looking at Binance or other similar platforms. I agree I saw a surprise decline in ETH gas fee that made it possible to transfer some of my funds at a reasonable rate but I could have invested and withdrawn more money if the gas fee was within the affordable limit. I personally avoid dealing in ERC20 based platforms now.
Even I too am annoyed with such a high fee structure. I wanted to buy Some ERC20 coins by swapping from BCH wallet. But the transaction fees it showed was just too high. That gas fee is very high if you compare to tron chain or binanace chain. That's the reason binance chain is getting more support from traders now.

Putta Vince

Definitely not , bitcoin has more potential than ethereum , look at the bitcoin price , it's over $50000 and ethereum is 10x less than it , just around $4k now , though it is the second most popular crypto after bitcoin and has got use cases too , it may be hard to imagine ethereum surpassing bitcoin at any time.