Fake calls impersonating insurance company employees

niche

Verified member
Some citizens are receiving phone calls repeatedly from people who claim that they are employees of a reputed insurance company. The person receiving the phone call is told that they have purchased an insurance policy and not paid the premiums, after the first premium. When the person contacted checks their records or even visits the insurance company to get more information about this policy, they are told that the policy number specified is not in their name. This results in the wastage of a lot of time, money, since the insurance company office is located far away. What could be the reason why people are phoning citizens with fake stories regarding life insurance policies, when the citizen has not purchased the policy?

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
When the person calls you asking you about clarification to Know more about your insurance policy that you bought and through that means scam you ,you don't give out detailed information like that ,you would first call your insurance company to know more and get the verification about what the person is saying

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
This is also rampant over here , Some people will call you claiming to be bank agent asking you for your bank details and so many other private information. It is always a wise decision for us to detect them early so as not to be a victim of their scamming strategy.. we really have to be careful about this sort of people.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
This is also rampant over here , Some people will call you claiming to be bank agent asking you for your bank details and so many other private information. It is always a wise decision for us to detect them early so as not to be a victim of their scamming strategy.. we really have to be careful about this sort of people.
Very true about the bank own , because it's very common and do many people have been scammed because of the fake agent giving fake calls ,to get people to give out their respective private information and also scam them through that means we truly needs to be very careful

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Very true about the bank own , because it's very common and do many people have been scammed because of the fake agent giving fake calls ,to get people to give out their respective private information and also scam them through that means we truly needs to be very careful
There was a time i went to the bank and suddenly I saw one guy rushing to the customer care representative on the table crying that he has given out his private details to scammers and the scammers was able to wipe out all the money in his bank account.... This is a well matured man and I wonder why the scammer really fool him to such extend.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
There was a time i went to the bank and suddenly I saw one guy rushing to the customer care representative on the table crying that he has given out his private details to scammers and the scammers was able to wipe out all the money in his bank account.... This is a well matured man and I wonder why the scammer really fool him to such extend.
The mistake the make is that they just believe any call they recieve they don't mind even if it's a legit or fake one or even not a scam one and they fall into the trap of those scammers at the end of the day , they would have first make the necessary confirmation from their real bank

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
The mistake the make is that they just believe any call they recieve they don't mind even if it's a legit or fake one or even not a scam one and they fall into the trap of those scammers at the end of the day , they would have first make the necessary confirmation from their real bank
I don't really know if the man was actually making a mistake because banks have been saying this time without number that no bank agent will call you on phone and ask you of your private details... Upon all this information some people do not really understand... They have called me before but they were not able to have my details.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
I don't really know if the man was actually making a mistake because banks have been saying this time without number that no bank agent will call you on phone and ask you of your private details... Upon all this information some people do not really understand... They have called me before but they were not able to have my details.
Yeah no bank agent would call you on the phone to inquire the person bvn or personal information ,but it seems more like people are actually less concerned about that and they don't really understand the fact , they would still choose to pick the calls from unknown bank number and tell them their details

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Yeah no bank agent would call you on the phone to inquire the person bvn or personal information ,but it seems more like people are actually less concerned about that and they don't really understand the fact , they would still choose to pick the calls from unknown bank number and tell them their details
It is risky and people should not engage
in telling unkown people their private details,but I wonder how they are able to use our Bank verification number and some of the details we have provided to them to wipe out the money in our account ,I don't really know how that really work even when they do not have access to our ATM.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
It is risky and people should not engage
in telling unkown people their private details,but I wonder how they are able to use our Bank verification number and some of the details we have provided to them to wipe out the money in our account ,I don't really know how that really work even when they do not have access to our ATM.
Most times if they don't use it to wipe out money they could actually make use of the bvn to register on fake platform and use it for illegal purposes so they won't be traced ,I guess that is obviously what they make use of it for ,while most of the scammers have experienced people working in the bank before that will give them direction to withdraw all the money with the bvn

niche

Verified member
In this case, the so called insurance employee was claiming that he wanted to make some payment of the premium paid. Here citizens cannot make outgoing phone calls to the insurance company to verify whether it is a fake call, because there are mobile network problems. The citizen has to waste 3-4 hours to visit the insurance company office and verify the information.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Most times if they don't use it to wipe out money they could actually make use of the bvn to register on fake platform and use it for illegal purposes so they won't be traced ,I guess that is obviously what they make use of it for ,while most of the scammers have experienced people working in the bank before that will give them direction to withdraw all the money with the bvn
Do you really think that they have connection with most people that are working on the banks ? Wow I do not really know but we really have to be careful because there are a lot of scammers that are looking for opportunity to scam people of their hard earned money... I really thank God I've never been a victim of this before.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Do you really think that they have connection with most people that are working on the banks ? Wow I do not really know but we really have to be careful because there are a lot of scammers that are looking for opportunity to scam people of their hard earned money... I really thank God I've never been a victim of this before.
Glad you have not been a victim ,just be careful because they actually scammers and they are creating new tactics almost every day, so you just need to be more updated in case there is any issue and you won't fall for their trap ,they wanted to scam me some years ago but was just lucky

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Glad you have not been a victim ,just be careful because they actually scammers and they are creating new tactics almost every day, so you just need to be more updated in case there is any issue and you won't fall for their trap ,they wanted to scam me some years ago but was just lucky
Well this one is a little bit easier because it may not actually be possible for you to be scam just like that but what of the digital and cyber attack on cryptocurrency wallet , those are the most dangerous Because you may lose your asset completely since cryptocurrency is highly encrypted that no transaction is recorded.

D

Deleted member 28127

The most of these fake call are tricked means if you respond to the call money is debited from your phone number I do not know what is the procedure they follows means even reply them will let them win money even you confirm you are not convinced, this illegal activities let you lose money even without processing any extra action required by them.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
Obviously this is called scam, such act are carried out by scammers pretending to be a particular insurance company. They mostly get there victims online and this is why it is very risky to trust any insurance company online except the ones that are popular enough to be known by you and everyone