False advertising in packets of supplements

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
You may not believe what I am going to post in this thread. In the malls that I went to there is always the kiosk that sells supplements. They have a thousand variety of supplements, herbal and non-herbal. All those supplements has the claim in the packaging that it can cure or prevent a certain or several sickness and diseases.

Take for instance a supplement made of bitter gourd, the label in the package said that it can prevent diabetes, it can regulate blood sugar level. But at the bottom of the package you will find that government’s disclaimer that the supplement has “No Approved Therapeutic Claims.” What does that mean? Well, that simply means the supplement has not undergone proper studies and trials. But all those supplements have their claims on the package.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I have no idea about the product you are talking about, therefore, I will simply trust your judgment. However, I have something to say about bitter gourd. Traditional Indian Medicine has used bitter gourd as a treatment of high blood pressure and diabetes for a long time. maybe the company was trying to cash in this fact.

Setho

VIP Contributor
This has actually been a marketing kind of strategy here that is being used here a lot. They normally use things like slimming tea and then reproductive enhancers. They normally target gullible people who do not have any much information . This is because people would be scared to come out to say that the product did not work.