Farming business is very profitable

camselegantti

The world population is almost 8 billion. China and India alone have more than 1 billion population each. In order to feed 8 billion people on earth, more food needs to be produced. That’s the reason why food businesses, producers (farmers) and the seller (wholesaler, supplier, retailer), is never a failing business.

The best thing about farming is you can start without any experience, without specialized skills. You don’t even need a lot of investment.

Someone is in the farming business because his parents were farmers and his parents became farmers because their parents were farmers. Therefore, it is common to see a student toiling in the land when he is not at school. During the rice planting season, the schools are shut down for 30 days, so that the students can help their parents in the rice field.

For low-income families in my home country, farming is the only business that can help them become rich.
Yes Farming business can be very profitable, as you can sell products fresh and locally. Now a days people prefer the organic food for staying healthy is its really a good business idea!

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Farming business could be good if you have a lots of experience and there are many people who lack experience when it comes to growing crops in the field and selling them at the right price. Moreover, there are certain kinds of farming laws that are to be followed by the farmers and these laws of the governments are not always in the favor of the farmers and this is why the farming sector suffers a lot. This is why many farmers in many countries such as India are having many problems. many farmers also face the problem of a lack of funds.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Currently I'm a farmer... And I engage in raining season and dry season rice farming. Infact, I can tell you, that no ROI is more than investing in farming especially in my country where farm products are costly and it's unbearable for the citizen. If you invest a proper amount of money on rice farming, in three to four months you would be getting triple amount of your invested capital. Starting from nursery to transplanting, then with the application of the right fertilizers, then constantly with the application of a lot of water., You would be smiling to the banks soon.

Skysaint

Verified member
Farming business has always been very profitable and will always be profitable and also in existence so long as humans require to eat in order to stay alive. To be a large scale farmer could actually cost you a lot as to purchase land and other necessary equipment is actually very costly.
As a large scale farmer, you can't possibly seek the help of labourers to cultivate a large plot of land, so you will be need to purchase at least a tractor for either cultivating or harvesting which is not same amount for purchasing an ordinary car.
Even those who are into small scale farming, selling their produce in the local market do Aldo find the business profitable

Setho

VIP Contributor
Agriculture has been one of the most oldest and most consistent industries in the world. You are going to spend some money in acquiring the land and manpower in order to start but in a long time you will realise that it will bring in a lot of profit.

Mika

VIP Contributor
farming can be profitable for professional farmers as well as hobbyist farmers. I have seen a lot of hobbyist farmers making a lot of money from farming. With the advancement of technology, you can farm even in a small space, you can farm on your terrace, on the patio, on the veranda, in the front yard, in the backyard, etc. These days, you can even farm indoors, or without water.

Skysaint

Verified member
Of course farming business is very profitable but it is not something that someone can just jump into. I simply mean that it is kind of unique in a way that requires even passion for it. If you do not like to farm, I do not think you can be successful If you invest in it. Most of the people that do venture into this are usually the real farmers, I mean the ones that has once worked hard in the farm as a farmer. So the level of interest for them is excellent and that alone drives them to know the right thing to do if anything seems to go wrong
Although it's very important to have passion for whatever business you wish to venture into as it will give you an added advantage over your business competitors but I think you are probably getting something wrong. From what said "I mean the ones that have once worked hard in the farm as a farmer..." I am starting to think you don't actually get what a farmer is. Do you know that someone who employs labourers to cultivate a farmland, seek the help of a harvester in harvesting his or her farm produce and maybe processes the ones that needs to be processed with the help of a machine is actually a farmer? Like I have said earlier on, you could be a farmer without having to touch any farming tool. What you described is more like a labourer

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
Of course farming business is very profitable but it is not something that someone can just jump into. I simply mean that it is kind of unique in a way that requires even passion for it. If you do not like to farm, I do not think you can be successful If you invest in it. Most of the people that do venture into this are usually the real farmers, I mean the ones that has once worked hard in the farm as a farmer. So the level of interest for them is excellent and that alone drives them to know the right thing to do if anything seems to go wrong

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
farming can be profitable even in the urban areas. You can start hydroponic farming, which can be done on your outhouse, terrace or in little space in your garden. You can also do farming on your terrace by using grow bags. With the invention of technologies, farming is becoming easier to manage.

Skysaint

Verified member
You're right about that mate. Most people do look down on the business so much especially by those who see themselves as graduates, degrading the business as one meant for the uneducated. There is more to farming than just clearing grass and digging the soil, you can be a farmer without having to touch a hoe or cutlass

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Business requires investment, therefore, you should not worry about investment. You can start farming business with small investment. For instance, if you want to vegetable farming, you can easily start farming for less that $1000. However, you need to have something already for instance agriculture tools, farmland, etc. You also need to do manual labor.
Yes, you need something ready before you start farming. However, with the evolution of farming technologies, you can start farming even when you do not have farm land, you can do hydroponics and acquaponics. You can do integrated farming and yield higher profits, you can even farm in the terraces and balconies and make money by growing fruits and vegetables.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Agriculture has been one of the ways money are generated in the economy. There are many scopes of agriculture that can fetch us money. Some are in to livestock and some are into cropping. The mamagement of agriculture needs time. No one should go into agriculture without having enough time.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Food price is always rising, therefore, I believe farming is a profitable business, you can either become a producer (farmer) or seller and make money by selling farm produce. However, farming requires a lot of investment and technical know how on food production. You need knowledge and skills in farming practices.
Business requires investment, therefore, you should not worry about investment. You can start farming business with small investment. For instance, if you want to vegetable farming, you can easily start farming for less that $1000. However, you need to have something already for instance agriculture tools, farmland, etc. You also need to do manual labor.

Mika

VIP Contributor
The world population is almost 8 billion. China and India alone have more than 1 billion population each. In order to feed 8 billion people on earth, more food needs to be produced. That’s the reason why food businesses, producers (farmers) and the seller (wholesaler, supplier, retailer), is never a failing business.

The best thing about farming is you can start without any experience, without specialized skills. You don’t even need a lot of investment.

Someone is in the farming business because his parents were farmers and his parents became farmers because their parents were farmers. Therefore, it is common to see a student toiling in the land when he is not at school. During the rice planting season, the schools are shut down for 30 days, so that the students can help their parents in the rice field.

For low-income families in my home country, farming is the only business that can help them become rich.

Last edited:

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Food price is always rising, therefore, I believe farming is a profitable business, you can either become a producer (farmer) or seller and make money by selling farm produce. However, farming requires a lot of investment and technical know how on food production. You need knowledge and skills in farming practices.

Skysaint

Verified member
The benefits of farming to the financial stability of an individual cannot be overemphasized. The reason is that it's one kind of business that it's products is always in demand everything and in every season. Too bad most graduates doesn't see the financial benefits attached to farming thinking that it's a business meant for the illiterate and most of them would prefer to remain jobless while searching for an office job that's not forthcoming

Chibson

VIP Contributor
farming business is definitely one of the best kind of businesses you can venture into and make a whole lot of money. There are several niches in farming business and youy must choose one or two depending on your level of knowledge and finance. You can venture into poultry farming and make some money from it.

Mika

VIP Contributor
With the invention of new farming technologies like aquaponics, hydroponics, etc. farming has become easier. These days you can even farm in the urban areas where the land and water are scarce. In fact, these days you don't even need land to grow food. You can grow in various mediums, water for instance.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Farming business is very good because apart from yielding good profit people can still see food to eat there.
But before this can be achieve some things need to be put in into place like good security . Because without good security the farm can be distroy by the animals.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
It's very profitable lot of people are earning from the business , some takes it on a substitence level and feed only their families,while some takes it on a commercial level and cultivate for selling to a wide range ,it's a good business to start even from just small cultivation you can earn