Fenugreek Health Benefits

Mika

VIP Contributor
Fenugreek is a spice as well as an herb. In Indian traditional medicine or Ayurveda to be precise, fenugreek is considered a multipurpose herb that is used for a variety of conditions. A lot of clinical trials have been performed to find out how useful is fenugreek and whether it is actually beneficial or not as claimed by Ayurveda.

Scientific researches confirmed that fenugreek is a highly beneficial herb.

Diabetes: If you have type 2 diabetes, you can consume fenugreek and control your blood sugar One teaspoon of fenugreek seed powder is as effective as 1000 mg of Metformin (a drug used for diabetes)

Hypertension: Eat one tabe spoon of fenugreek seeds powder every day with a glass of water and your hypertension will be controlled in 30 days. Fenugreek is as powerful as amlodipine.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This is my first encounter with such a plant called Fenugreek. I checked the image and it looks like we have a counterpart here with the name of Talinum although I am not sure. Anyway, I am interested in herbs and other plants that have curative properties because I believe that the hanging garden in the Bible has all the medicines that humans need.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
This is my first encounter with such a plant called Fenugreek. I checked the image and it looks like we have a counterpart here with the name of Talinum although I am not sure. Anyway, I am interested in herbs and other plants that have curative properties because I believe that the hanging garden in the Bible has all the medicines that humans need.
Even be this is the first time I'm hearing about the plant and it's function . And it may not actually be available over here but I will check it out and I'll ask some people who have a good understanding of plants leaves. If it is true that this can really cure all these things then it is something a lot of people can used to cure their diseases.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I do not have diabetes or hyper tension, and my family does not have a history of diabetes and hypertension, therefore, I do not have a personal experience with this spices. However, I have heard of the amazing benefits of this spices. However, I do not like the taste of fenugreek seeds.