Passive income Flipping a Small Website for a Profit

Farris

Hello webmasters and moneymakers,

Today I want to share a method for earning from Flippa for people with a low budget. Have you ever heard of "starter sites"? Well, they usually suck, but not all of them do. Some websites have good potential and can make you a profit.

The idea is simple, buy and hold. The first thing you should do is search for an online property on Flippa. Usually, websites with a lot of content. You buy low and sell high. Try to find a new website between 1 and 3 months old with good potential. These sites sell at a very low price because they don't have traffic. But if you buy them new you can hold the website for about 6 to 12 months and traffic will increase every month. You can sell the website on Flippa for more, a lot more.

I really love this kind of investment because it does not require a lot of work.

Here is a screenshot of a website I bought 5 months ago and I haven't even visited the website more than twice just to check that it's working ...

Untitled-1.jpg

If you have any questions I will be happy to answer them :)

Chibson

VIP Contributor
This is definitely very informative and a very good way for people to make passive income while working smart. I am really interested in the business venture and I would like to ask some questions because it is very important for you to address that. How much exactly can someone buy a website?.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
This is a very interesting business and I hope it will be simple as you explained. I know some people that are into website flipping. But I don't know much about how they do their activites. I wish the poster can tell us where to buy websites and the price and for how long can one wait before selling his bought websites.

Farris

Hey guys,

I bought this website 5 months ago from Flippa for $197.00 USD. And now I think it's worth more than $400. The best marketplace to buy and sell websites is Flippa.com. But please be aware, a lot of websites on Flippa are junk, so you have to dig deep for the diamonds. Make sure that the website is less than 1 year old, preferably less than 6 months old, and seems to have potential. I would recommend buying a website from $1 - no more than $200 dollars. Websites that are in the $100 - $200 range usually perform better. After you buy a website hold it for 6 - 12 months. You will see traffic increase after the site has been indexed by Google for at least 5 months. And try to find a website that has a lot of content.

Search, buy and hold.

That's it.

Mika

VIP Contributor
So, you buy websites on flippa, hold it for some time and improve traffic and then sell back on flippa. That's a good strategy. I know how website flipping on flippa works and I also believe you can actually make money with website flipping, even though I have never done this myself. @Farris maybe you should contact me, I can get you a website for lower than $197 that you spent on Flippa. I m a developer. you can PM me if you want. :D

kayode10

VIP Contributor
The website you are going to sell on the marketplace must have traffic and earn income no matter how little it is. This will add value to the price of the website and people are going to scramble for it. I am also planning to flip a 6-month old website I have with me to raise cash for another project.

Setho

VIP Contributor
There are so many people that have been hyping the purchase of domains and then waiting for it to rise before he will sell it. I also love the idea but then it is very difficult for you to know a website that myself good in the future and you might end up just wasting your money in registering the domain.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
You stated a good strategy in your post and I like it. Instead of just holding the website, you can simply look for some of the High performing content on the blog and improve them to target high-volume keywords in Google search engine to receive more traffic. The website value will increase when there are earning more money in the marketplace.

Last edited:

Hoopdream

Sounds very interesting indeed. I never heard of this site...due diligence intended. However, I really appreciate how posts on this site have been insightful, helpful, and legit!!! Nothing wrong with this as a passive income idea without a lot of work. Much appreciated everyone!

dagm

In your post, you provided an excellent technique, which I enjoy. Rather than simply maintaining the website, you can improve some of the blog's high-performing content to target high-volume keywords in Google search engine to increase traffic. When there is more money in the marketplace, the value of the website will rise.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
This can be a good strategy. But you can improve the value of the website and make more money for yourself. If the website is ranking for some keywords on the second page of Google. You can just build backlinks to those pages so that they are going to rank on the first page. The site will receive free organic traffic and make more money with the website. Then you can flip for higher profit in this way.