Earn Money Freelancing to earn money online: Fiverr and Upwork

itsgottabeyaya

The desire to earn money online has increased especially with the pandemic and the constant lockdown regulations. Some may even suggest that the market is saturated now. Two freelance sites are popular when you search on YouTube: Fiverr and Upwork.

Fiverr
is an online platform that allows buyers and sellers to connect so they can buy and sell digital services. It gets its name from the starting price of services which is $5.

Upwork
Upwork is a freelancing marketplace that connects clients and freelancers.
Clients post new jobs stating what they’re looking for and their estimated budget, and freelancers can send proposals and bid on the job.
The client then chooses the freelancer they want to work with.

Youtubers make it seem like the moment you post your gig clients will come flocking or that once you send a proposal and bid on Upwork you'll make money by the end of the day.

For those who have tried these two sites and have been successful, please share tips on how to get booked for jobs/gigs as a newbie.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
To be honest, we need the success tips from those that have used the platforms successfully. It is not easy as being presented especially on some YouTube videos. I once tried the two platforms but not successful. I was told they don't really favour newbies because of lack of experience.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Freelancing is of no doubt one of the most profitable ventures currently online. To make money from freelancing you really need to have a very good skill that is in demand. I know someone that makes about $1500 on fiverr on monthly basis. He is very good in copywriting and he also writes ebooks.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Freelancing is of no doubt one of the most profitable ventures currently online. To make money from freelancing you really need to have a very good skill that is in demand. I know someone that makes about $1500 on fiverr on monthly basis. He is very good in copywriting and he also writes ebooks.
I am not even doubting any amount that can be made through freelancing because truly, there is a lot of opportunities one has a freelancer. I am it only concerned about how these people make their money especially when they were newbies. I couldn't remember how many times have been in these platforms without any hope of being paid or seeing clients.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
I will always go for Upwork because it has more flexibility than other platform. Fiverr don't want you to do any other thing than to remain online on the website 24/7 which can be very difficult to maintain. You need to always respond to the client 5 minutes or less all the time to maintain good rating on fiverr.