Earn Money GARDENING AS A NICHE IN YOUTUBE

Cinderella

I recently started a new hobby, which is gardening. Admittedly, I am enjoying it and for sometime, I have been thinking to use gardening as a topic for my YouTube channel. I was really planning to start a YouTube channel but I can't decide on what topic to focus on.

I was planning to discuss topics about finance and online working. But I am holding back because I am not really that successful with my online activities considering that I can't devote more time for this activity.

When I started gardening and began searching online, I saw that this topic is frequently searched especially now that people's activity is limited due to pandemic.

I have also seen some tips on how to grow YouTube channel from other members' posts. Those could be helpful as well. If I would ask you, what niche would be good for YouTube?

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Sometimes I don’t even think it about niches again for vlogging, I think it is mostly interesting videos that people want to see and maybe learn from. It is even more so if you are sharing personal experience of things that worked for you. But gardening topics wouldn’t be a bad idea

Cinderella

Sometimes I don’t even think it about niches again for vlogging, I think it is mostly interesting videos that people want to see and maybe learn from. It is even more so if you are sharing personal experience of things that worked for you. But gardening topics wouldn’t be a bad idea
Having a specific niche will make our channel more organized. Though some of friends started uploading random videos and whatever video gained the most views, they will concentrate on that topic. But I would like to be specific before starting. Since there are more people who are into gardening, I can join pages and probably get more views and followers from there.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Well, it depends on your reason for starting a youtube channel. If it is for the fun of it, then go with having it organized, but if it is about money-making from my person view I think going with videos that will net you the money will be a lot better

Cinderella

Yes, I want to start it as a hobby and if it goes well, then I will continue it. I am not sure if we are allowed to create multiple channels so that we can group the videos according to topics. I am just on the planning stage and still making research as to how it will benefit me. Thank you for sharing your idea on this Augusta.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I have to agree with gardening especially now with the hype of the Plantitos and Plantitas, they are called such for their love of gardening. Especially when your videos have nice shots of your plants that includes the way you care for them then that can be beneficial to readers that they will come back from time to time.