Generosity can always get in the way to ruin your budget

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This may sound silly or perhaps funny but it is true in my case that generosity is one factor that goes against saving money. There was a time that the amount of my savings was nearing my target for buying an appliance when calamity hit our place. I had to distribute some food packs to some neighbors which depleted my savings. You may say that it is a noble act and indeed it was but for my benefit it was not.

We have to balance our action against the consequences. Being generous has a bad side effect on our resources. About 10 years ago I made it a point to stop helping people financially, no more lending money because most of the borrowers don’t pay back anyway. Now I have peace of mind when I decline their request.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Corporate Social Responsibility is a great tactic used by businesses and companies not only to show how they are generous towards the people and community, but also use it as a free promotion method. However, if your businesses is small or if the business is not yet generating profits, you cannot be too generous.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I always think I am the only in this situation. At times, I do see my budget or target not met because of the people that will come for one things or the other. Some may even be subtle in asking, they will just ask me to borrow them even when I know they won't pay back.

Good luck

Verified member
Business boom or grow when family and friends pay for service rendered to them.by so doing one will be able to account for anything in one's business.but if one start doing generosity or try to be benevolent to everyone it will affect the business and the owner may run out of capital and may go bankrupt.generousity is not acceptable in business in some cases.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Personally I don't see anything wrong with giving out things to people who are in need ,in fact that is the best thing to do as it is our little effort that we have contributed to humanity .but being over generous may not be suitable for business because you may not be able to generate enough profit to keep your business growing.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
That is true. Generosity can sometimes be bad for your financial health. I mean, it is good to give but not at the expense of your own well-being. I experienced this sometimes back. I could save up so much money then end up giving it to my mum whenever she has her needs. I mean, it feels like I have to take care of her. But these days I am letting go of that since I realize she is a person on her own and she earns her own money. It is not upto me to take care of her needs, but I can help her from time to time whenever I can.

Mika

VIP Contributor
If you have a failing business, you can not be generous, if your business is struggling, you cna no longer be generous. Generosity pplies only to the big businesses that have made a lot of profits. For most of the small business, they cannot afford to becone generous. They will have to wait until they start earning big,

Suba

Staff member
From the income it should have been determined what percentage to give to charity every month, and it can be collected continuously for a year or more, in addition to promoting our business, also to help the environment in need. and we will not be poor to help others.