Get Paid By Publishing Stories and Books on Wattpad

Mika

VIP Contributor
How to Get Started on Wattpad?

Go to wattpad.com and sign up as a writer by clicking “start writing.” Once your sign up is complete you can start publishing your creative works. You can even serialize your novel by publishing chapters.

How to Make Money by Publishing on Wattpad?

Wattpad is not a regular kind of writing site, it is an online literary platform to read and write original works. There are three ways to make money on wattpad

When your work is accepted for TV or movie adaptation

When your work is accepted for publication

When your readers subscribe to your works

When you win the contest (they have regular contests)

When your published work receives annual awards

How Much Money Can You Make on Wattpad?

Well, this is not a get rich quick kind of site but if you are passionate about writing, you can make money by publishing on this site. The key to making money is to build a strong fan following. If you build readers for your work, you can charge reading fees and make money from your work. This is the easiest way to make money. However, if you are exceptionally talented you will make a lot of money when you get accepted for screen adaptation or book publication.

Shaf

Verified member
Wattpad is one of my favorite books apps. It used to be totally free, but putting some books behind a paywall has discouraged me from using the site, and I don't have as much time as I did before. It is a great way to reward those who spend hours writing and editing their works here though.

Some users get to publish copies of their works by renowned publishers. Despite the fact that I've written no book here, I learnt a few things by observing others.

Niche selection is very important here. Some categories get way more traffic, probably because of the age range on Wattpad. Romance, fiction, science fiction are a few of them.

Editing your work is also important. To get really good views, you should have good grammatical structure and a compelling story. Most books written in first or second person only don't do well as those written in third person.