Get paid to write about the writing industry on Writers Digest.

Etini

Valued Contributor
Finally, a platform whose niche is solely focused on writing and writers. The life of an average writer is filled with intrigues and coordinates that make us tick as writers. The ability to carry persuasions and document them is something that should be celebrated. And that's just what writersdigest.com does. This site accepts articles that bother on the writing industry. It accepts articles that range from tips for writing to authors' detailed profiles.

Like every other big site, you need to pitch the editors and wait for a response to get kn the trend. After that, the writer is supposed to pick an aspect of writing and make an article about it. The word count for their articles is 1200 words minimum and 2500 words maximum.

The site pays between 30 cents to 50 cents for manuscripts. When they are accepted and published, they can pay up to $50 to $100.

Overall, this is a good earning platform for people that have had enormous experience in writing. Being able to put in a word of advice for the younger generation of writers is a great service and to think that you are paid to do that is just amazing. Highly recommended.

This sounds interesting but the problem I'm always having with these sites is that they hardly respond I don't know if. I'm the only one having these experience. I know how many of these high paying sites I have contacted the editor or the site owner for writing jobs and I don't get to see any response.

Though I have not contacted these ones I'm seeing now on here so I have to try these ones to find out which ever one will work for me. I can also write on this niche but my problem will be getting a respond first so that I will know that I can start writing.

How about the topics are we supposed to form the topics to start writing or we need to send a topic go the site for approval, so please clarified on this. Another is how legit is this site with payment?

This sounds interesting but the problem I'm always having with these sites is that they hardly respond I don't know if. I'm the only one having these experience. I know how many of these high paying sites I have contacted the editor or the site owner for writing jobs and I don't get to see any response.

Though I have not contacted these ones I'm seeing now on here so I have to try these ones to find out which ever one will work for me. I can also write on this niche but my problem will be getting a respond first so that I will know that I can start writing.

How about the topics are we supposed to form the topics to start writing or we need to send a topic go the site for approval, so please clarified on this. Another is how legit is this site with payment?
There is what we call a pitch. A pitch is an email that is sent to an editor of a publication about a proposed article you wish to write for the publication. It is not all about sending them mails, my dear. You have to send a pitch that can attract the editor to contact you. There are professional ways of writing pitches. I assure you that if you just sent a regular emails 100 times, 100 times they won't contact you back. A pitch should contain the central ideas about your proposed write-up in a way that the editor feels the pulse of the write up.

I wanted to do a post today on how to write irresistible pitches but I decided against it. I might do the post tomorrow. All I know is that you would need a good pitch to convince an editor to get back to you so you can write on their publication.

This must have been the issue maybe I would have research on how to reach out to these sites as you have stated but thought otherwise. Though I know little bit about pitch but never really took a good look at knowing it well. Maybe you should go ahead to write about it so that we can learn from you to know how to perfectly use it

I will have to make more research on this too. I'm trying to hone my writing skills so that I can start writing articles on freelancing sites. I need to start maximizing my online experience from next year

No wonder I wasn't ever contacted even with the countless times I contacted these sites I will go the pitch route from now. This is why I like forum posting one gets to learn a lot from the topics posted on the site. So please post yours here.

I know Writer's Digest, it is a print magazine that provides resources for writers. The magazine also has a website but the website does not offer everything that comes in the Writer's Digest Magazine. I am not sure which Writer's Digest the OP is talking about. The one that I know is not a publishing platform, it of course has a few writing contests but it does not accept unsolicited manuscripts. However, it is a very useful magazine for those who want to get published. The magazine provides a list of publications, including book publishers and magazines, and the magazine also provides a list of literary agents. If you are a writer looking forward to publishing your works either in a magazine or as a full-length book, you will find Writer's Digest very useful. They have writing contests but their writing contests are paid contests, you will have to pay the entry fee.

I know Writer's Digest, it is a print magazine that provides resources for writers. The magazine also has a website but the website does not offer everything that comes in the Writer's Digest Magazine. I am not sure which Writer's Digest the OP is talking about. The one that I know is not a publishing platform, it of course has a few writing contests but it does not accept unsolicited manuscripts. However, it is a very useful magazine for those who want to get published. The magazine provides a list of publications, including book publishers and magazines, and the magazine also provides a list of literary agents. If you are a writer looking forward to publishing your works either in a magazine or as a full-length book, you will find Writer's Digest very useful. They have writing contests but their writing contests are paid contests, you will have to pay the entry fee.

Writers digest has a site where people drop their pitches, get accepted, and submit quality articles. They have an online platform where their articles are published for readers to go and read.
I have attached screenshots from their site as proof to you that writers digest offers online articles submission for a fee. You should have done due diligence by researching about it before you come to counter and discredit me like that. I know it is a magazine but they have an online platform where articles are submitted and published. People go there in millions as shown on the screenshot to go and read articles. I do a through research before I post anything. I know of real-life people that have written and earned on that site. I just submitted a pitch to the editors on that site today. Bottom line? My post was very correct with no trace of misrepresentation.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-12-29-18-42-21.png
    Screenshot_2022-12-29-18-42-21.png
    209.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_2022-12-29-18-42-44.png
    Screenshot_2022-12-29-18-42-44.png
    217.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_2022-12-29-18-43-23.png
    Screenshot_2022-12-29-18-43-23.png
    165.4 KB · Views: 0