Have You Suffered From Loss After Investing In Mutual Funds?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Investing money is one of the trickiest things because you may never realize the outcomes of your investment. Mutual fund investment is one of those kinds of investment opportunities that might sound really amusing to you. However, there could be various downsides of investing in mutual funds. Not all the kinds of mutual funds are the same and many types of mutual funds also involve some sort of risk. This is something that your mutual fund investor or advisor would caution you about. I would personally refrain from investing in mutual funds due to religious reasons. Since I am a Muslim, I would refrain from earning interest. There are some mutual fund investment schemes that do not offer interest and rather offer profits that are generated through other means, but I am actually not interested in them either due to the fact that they are also quite risky. I prefer investing in other forms of investment opportunities such as cryptocurrency trading. So, have you ever suffered from loss after investing funds into mutual fund schemes?

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I'm yet to invest in mutual funds but I have read that it could be a good way to invest if you know how to go about it. I might have to read more about it to enable me invest the way it should be. I detest losing money to investment when I'm actually supposed to make money.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
To be frank with mutual funds it is not a matter of trust but the interest earnings. If you will delve deeper into the system it would seem that the company will be using your money for their business. In other words, the money that you earn from your investment is very little because a bigger part goes to the mutual fund company that manages the investments. They are investing your money into different investment schemes that includes government bonds and money market.

For me, when it comes to earnings it would be better to invest in stocks because even if the broker earns from you but it is just a small part of the profit that you earn. Besides, the profit you can earn in stocks is bigger and safe if in case your stocks are blue chip.

D

Deleted member 28127

You can reduce the risk by diversifying your investment so if you lose in crypto you earn from mutual funds or lose from stocks investment not invest all funds at mutual funds as an example.