Health benefits of eating watermelon

Icon

1. Helps you stay dehydrated
Staying hydrated is important for your body to function properly.
Body temperature regulation, normal organ function, nutrient delivery to cells, and alertness are only some of the bodily processes that rely on adequate hydration
Eating may help give your body the water it needs to function properly.
Watermelon comprises 92% water, making it a great choice for daily water intake
Furthermore, due to its high water content, this melon has a low — in other words, very few calories for its total weight.
Eating foods with low calorie densities, such as watermelon, may aid weight management by keeping you feeling full for longer

2. Packed with nutrients and beneficial plant compounds​

Watermelon contains a variety of nutrients, including potassium, magnesium, and vitamins A and C. It’s also relatively low in calories, containing just 46 per cup (152 grams)
Here are the nutrients in 1 cup (152 grams) of raw, diced watermelon:
  • Calories: 46
  • Carbs: 11.5 grams
  • Fiber: 0.6 grams
  • Sugar: 9.4 grams
  • Protein: 0.9 grams
  • Fat: 0.2 grams
  • Vitamin A: 5% of the Daily Value (DV)
  • Vitamin C: 14% of the DV
  • Potassium: 4% of the DV
  • Magnesium: 4% of the DV
Watermelon is also a rich source of an amino acid that may improve exercise performance
Plus, it boasts including vitamin C, carotenoids, lycopene, and cucurbitacin E
These compounds help combat free radicals, which are unstable molecules that may damage your cells if they accumulate in your body. Over time, this damage may lead to conditions like diabetes, heart disease, and cancer

Mika

VIP Contributor
I do not know a lot of things about watermelon but what I know is it has high water content and is very good for people suffering from dehydration. Another thing I know about watermelon is it is one of the safest fruits to eat because of its thick skin pesticides does not easily penetrate inner section, thus making it safe to eat.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Watermelon is so rampant over here and we take a lot of them almost on a weekly basis, it has high content of water which will help you to be hydrated just as you have just said .I don't really know much about its nutritional value but based on what you have written I believe that they contains all the necessary materials that is needed in the body, fruits generally are good for the body as long as it is a natural fruits that is planted without application of so much fertilizers.. I encourage a lot of people to take it.